Vol. 2: Chapter 6.2 - Calamity

"Ayanokouji! This is bad!" Miyamoto banged on my door.

"This is seriously bad news, man!" And of course, Hondou's with him.

When I got up from my bed to receive them, their panicked faces instantly greeted me.

"I-It's Class D! They were there!"

"Shit, they really were plotting something!"

"Wait... First of all, calm down. Tell me what happened," I said.

"S-So we tried to follow Kanji and Haruki as planned, but some Class D guys blocked our paths."

"Based on their words, it seems like our own scheme was seen through from the very beginning. They even asked us if we were ordered by someone."

"We played dumb, of course, but Kanji and Haruki are pretty much at their mercy now. They also mentioned a guy named Ryuuen. He must be Class D's leader."

"If what you're saying is true, then we're in deep trouble," I say after pondering their words.

"Shit, we need to hurry."

"It would've been different if either of us can put up a fight, but those Class D guys look like a bunch of meatheads."

"We shoulda roped in someone like Sudou..."

"No use in mulling over what's happened. For now, let's just try to wait for a few more minutes before contacting Ike and Yamauchi," I suggested and the two of them nodded.

Not long after that, we tried to text and call both of them... They didn't respond.

"Why aren't they-? The hell did those guys do to them? Did they confiscate Kanji and Haruki's phone or something?" asked Hondou.

"I have a bad feeling about this. Let's find them," I said.

Hondou and Miyamoto nervously agreed with a gulp.

We left the dorm areas and used an unorthodox path, trying to decrease the chances of having to encounter Class D students. If they really tried to frame Ike and Yamauchi and succeeded, they should be reporting what happened right now.

When we reached the area behind Gymnasium #1, the three of us witnessed an unconscious Ike sitting against a wall.

"Kanji!" The two cried.

I ran up to him immediately and shook his body.

"Ike, Ike! Can you hear me?" I asked.

"What the hell?! They punched him in the face!" Miyamoto glared at the bruise on Ike's right temple.

"Those Class D punks went too far! This is just plain violence!" howled Hondou.

I carried the half-conscious Ike up and had Miyamoto support him.

"Take Ike to the infirmary. Hondou and I will check on Yamauchi," I instructed.

"Alright, I'll leave him to you. Be careful," replied Miyamoto.

"You too."

Hondou and I walked briskly. When we finally reached the rooftop. we saw Yamauchi in a similar state.

"Shit, Haruki!" cried Hondou.

The two of us ran up to him. Like how I did with Ike, I checked up on Yamauchi's condition. His nose was bleeding. It was a direct jab to the front of his face.

"Those bastards..." Hondou clicked his tongue in anger.

We tread to the infirmary while supporting Yamauchi. We met up with Miyamoto and Ike. He was sitting on a bed while clutching his head.