Vol. 1: Chapter 11.4 - The Ayanokouji Group

Finally, I heard a knock. Two guys greeted me when I opened the door.

"Yo," Miyake raised his hand.

"Yo," I replied with an imitation.

Miyake high-fived my palm lightly as he walks in.

"Sup, Ayanokouji." Sudou follows with a grin.

"How was it?" I asked, closing the door.

"It was a'ight. The seniors were surprised when I appeared, but they welcomed me to practice regardless." Sudou narrated.

"Oh, you two are already here?" Miyake commented, seeing Hasebe and Sakura on their seats.

"Nope. We were here the whole time, hard at work!" Hasebe replied with a smug grin.

"Hmm... Maybe I should buy a larger table..." I muttered while looking at our cramped state.

"Eh? You don't have to do that, Ayanokouji-kun," said Sakura.

"Yeah. We can just use your dining table, anyway." Sudou added.

After we arranged our things on the dining table, the study session officially started. As expected, they were improving steadily. I've hammered a lot of fundamentals onto Sudou for the past week. Combined with his motivation, he finally reached the level of a second-year middle schooler.

"Hnnn~..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

After an hour passed, Hasebe stretched her arms with a rather feminine moan. Even in our periphery, the movement of her bountiful chest was noticeable. As guys, Miyake, Sudou, and I couldn't help but become conscious of her. After all, Hasebe was an extremely attractive girl. We tried our best not to lose eye contact with our papers. Reacting in any sort of way would mean instant death, hence we maintained our stone-cold expressions.

"Well, why don't we take a break and grab something at the convenience store?" Hasebe suggested.

"O-Oh, good idea," replied Miyake.

"Y-Yeah, I was gettin' kinda hungry, too." Sudou also agreed.

It was 6:30 PM. The five of us were clad in our uniforms as we headed out of the building. After buying what we wanted, our group walked slowly back to the dorms.

"Three sandwiches? What a glutton..." Miyake criticized Sudou's purchase.

"Shut up, Miyake! I told you I was hungry, didn't I?!" Sudou immediately got pissed off.

"This is yummy! Here, Sakura-chan. Have a taste." Hasebe handed her ice cream to Sakura.

"A-Alright... You can have a taste of mine, too." Sakura happily returned the favor.

At the moment, everything seems to be going well... Not just about our group, but my high school life in general. I have friends, and we're all working together towards a goal. If I'm gonna be honest, I've had more fun in the last one and a half months here than I ever did for the past fifteen years inside the White Room...

"What's with that look, Ayanokouji-kun? You want a taste of our ice creams, too?" teased Hasebe.

"If you want to have some of mine, just say it. You don't have to tease me like that," I replied.

"W-Wha-?! I didn't expect you to be such a self-conscious guy, Ayanokouji-kun!" Hasebe glared at me.

"Heh. 'You think I didn't notice? You were agonizing between choosing the flavor you bought and the one I bought. C'mon, Hasebe-san. Your motives were clear from the start," I teased back.