Vol. 3: Chapter 10.1 - On the Other Side

"That'll be the plan. You're fine with that, right?"

"But aren't you going to push yourself, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Then... keep things in order around here if you want to lessen my burden."

"Alright, leave it to me. If it's you who's saying that, then I guess there's nothing to worry about." Hirata nodded with a smile.

After getting 9 provisional points from yesterday, I'm finally set up to keep a fixed cycle. With four primary spots, we can gain as much as 12 points per day as long as I reinvoke our rights on time, and as much as 4 points on the last day given that the test will conclude at 12:00 NN, around lunch. Adding our points from the first and second day, we'll get a total of 54 provisional points by the end of the exam. 

Well, that's what we want, theoretically speaking

Well, that's what we want, theoretically speaking. Maybe things can change for better or worse depending on how the other classes move. Without a decisive opportunity, I've practically given up on finding the other classes' leaders.

After three days of going around the eastern region, I've got a good grasp on the fastest routes to occupy our spots. They shouldn't take too much time as long as I run at full speed. And with an eight-hour interval for each occupation, there will be plenty of time to rest.

"You guys will be in charge of scouting the unexplored area way up north. You got a copy of the map, right?"

"Yep, this will come in handy," Ike replied.

"Leave it to us, Ayanokouji!" Yamauchi gave me a thumbs up.

Ike, Yamauchi, Onizuka, and Kikuchi-- four guys in total. Well, in the worst-case scenario, Yamauchi and Onizuka might drag the other two down. But other than that, they should be fine.

"We shall be handling the fishery for today, is that right?" Professor asked with a grin.

"You seem confident, Professor."

"Well, not that confident, Ayanokouji-dono. Kanji has taught me well, and I've demonstrated my learnings with basic mastery. I might be able to capture a batch of eight fishes if I get serious."

"Oh, that's great already, Professor!" Ike approved excitedly.

When you factor in the amount of time they'll spend on the fishing dock, it's certainly a lot lesser than what Ike could catch, but given three days of basic fishing lessons, it's not too bad. Ike's a good teacher, too. I've learned a lot from him, especially with fruits and berries.

Along with Professor; Satou, Shinohara, and Matsushita also wanted to try their hands on fishing. Apart from a few names like Airi, Haruka, or Karuizawa and her main group, everyone was taught for at least a couple of hours. To be honest, we've been taking advantage of this river a lot. So much so that I feel like we might run out of fish soon. Well, even if that happens, we got the ocean as another source of food.