Chapter 20

When Alec woke up, I was already awake. I close my eyes for a second feeling the stinging sensation that comes from little sleep.

Yep, I couldn't sleep, that and I couldn't let myself sleep and disturb Alec. Apparently, he was a cuddler, and he fell asleep while we were in the spoon position. I tried to relax my body, but I felt everything of him, and the adrenaline of having my mate hugging me like that kept me awake for a few hours. Then, I started getting itchy and uncomfortable, I wanted to move so baaaaad, but I didn't have the guts to move in case I woke him up.

I think I manage to stand up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and I was really tempted to fall asleep on the couch, but I knew that if Alec saw me there, would throw a fit.

So no couch for me.

I got in the bed behind him, maybe he wouldn't sense me and I could sleep freely, but nope, he turned around and brought me back to his chest.

I wanted to scream.

From sleeping alone with so much space to no space at all, was making me feel irritated.

I tried pinching him, covering his airway, I tried to make him uncomfortable so he would move. But yeah, you guessed right, it didn't work.

And I was the one who thought that man adored their privacy and space. Because last night, Alec didn't mind taking my privacy and space.

I think I need a big cup of coffee, but I hate the bitter taste of it.

I really want to cry right now.

"Morning love, how did you sleep?" greets my mate while stretching occupying all the bed space. The nerve.

I think my eye just twitched.

"Wonderful" I say trying to hide the sarcastic undertone.

"You look tense" he looks at me and then frowns.

"I'm just hungry, that's all"

"Mhmm..." he simply eyes me suspiciously but at the end, he just grunts and stands up stretching his limbs.

I kinda made him sleep with a t-shirt on because I was too embarrassed with him just sleeping in his briefs. He said he rather sleep naked but that was a huge no for me. Last night was our first time sleeping together and I wanted to survive the night. Thank you very much.

Before heading to our personal dining room which was on the side of the common room, I put a bra on, or else it would be awkward because there would be more guys there.

Alec moves the chair for me and with a thank you, I sit down looking around at the variety of food.

I decided on toast and scrambled eggs, some fruit and tea.

"We were trying to decide where to go off to now that you all finished your business here in Russia" Rebecka comments looking at what seems like a map.

My heart jumps with fear. They were leaving? Already? But... I thought lycans don't leave their mates behind... Why is Alec leaving me now?

Suddenly, I wasn't feeling so hungry anymore.

"I don't know..." answers Alec. "What do you think, love?" it takes me a moment to realize he was talking to me.

I shrug, pretending I was unaffected by the fact they were talking about leaving in front of me.

"You are the one leaving, why would you care about what place I choose for you?" I snap keeping my snarky comments at bay by making my mouth busy with toast.