Chapter 8

I stand in front of a tall mirror in awe. I couldn't look away from my reflection. I didn't want to sound arrogant or self-centered, but I have never felt so beautiful.

I think the last time I wore a gown was for my graduation party, but it wasn't as beautiful as this. I looked almost regal. I remember that as a child, I always wanted to be a princess and fall in love with a prince charming, and now I was feeling like a princess, minus the prince, that is.

The Queen made someone come with a bunch of gowns for me to pick, and when I finally pick one, through the door came two more women, one will make my hair and the other the makeup. Then we spent a couple of hours trying to decide how my hair is going to be styled and which type of makeup I was going to get. It was kinda tiring, but I didn't dare to complain in front of the Queen, after what she was doing for me. It was like she became my fairy godmother.

One with expensive taste.

Then they started to get me ready, and after a few more hours, I was ready to be led to the palace.

My blond hair was half up in a braided bun with shiny things on it. And the rest of my hair falls to my mid-back in lazy waves.

I asked for my makeup to not be too much. Because I wanted to look more like myself. And I was looking stunning, so much so, I wanted to tattoo the makeup on my face. Is not like every day you look this gorgeous. My eyes were painted golden with hues of light green. My lips were painted a nude color. My eyelashes looked the longest and the eyeliner was made like a pro. Damn, if I don't get some numbers tonight, I didn't succeed.

And the gown was simply beautiful. I chose green because it assented my hazel eyes that looked more green to the light. It had a V neck and an open back and the skirt falls to the floor. It glittered under the light and I felt like I was about to enter dreamland. I couldn't stop spinning, loving the feel of the gown on my naked legs. And to finish the look, my heels were golden like my eyeshadow.

 And to finish the look, my heels were golden like my eyeshadow

Damn, I was looking good.

There was a knock on the door and soon after my brother Cole appeared inside.

I waited for him to say what he came to, but instead, his mouth hung open. I smile proudly at my appearance.

"Thanks for the compliment, brother" I mock and walk toward him. He blinks a couple of times before standing at his full height.

"Don't be cheeky" he says rolling his eyes.

I have to remember that the last time he saw me I was twelve, I didn't even have my boobs developed back then. Now I am a woman so it might come as a shock to see me looking like this.

He then opens the door for me to go through and we both walk until we are in front of a limousine. Wow! I have never ridden in one of those.

"Where's mom and dad?" I ask looking around, noticing their absence.