Chapter 31

Alec helps me stand up and I instantly start brushing my teeth, desperate to take this awful taste off my mouth.

"I'm sorry" I whisper cleaning my mouth with a towel after I finished. Alec simply engulfs me in a hug, careful of my wound.

"Baby, please tell me what has you so upset?" he asks pulling me away, his hands over my shoulders, concern morphing his face. "Talk to me, Riley. Help me understand" he pleads. Tears well up in my eyes, but I blink them away. I felt guilty for worrying him about my own issues.

"Is just..." I mumble, unsure of how to put it into words. Then I simply raise my hands stained with dry blood and his expression tensed.

"Is not mine" I said barely audible.

"Riley... You were defending yourself" he says, desperate to comfort me.

I shake my head.

"He just appeared when I jumped him. I wasn't thinking about protecting myself but... to hurt... to kill..." my voice weaved at the end and I shut my eyes, the image still in my mind. My lycan was proud for causing pain to that lycan that threatened me, but the human part of me... couldn't shake the feeling of guilt and uneasiness.

Alec's expression softened and pressed his forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry, Riley" he whispers. I frown at him.

"Of what? You hadn't done anything"

He sighs painfully.

"Turning into a lycan, it also takes away a little bit of your humanity, because as your senses get heightened, you start relying on your instinct as much as your logic part..." he says and my mouth goes dry. Humanity was a big part of my identity, and to think that a part of it is forever gone... "But that doesn't make you any less you, Riley. You are still the same persona as you were before. It just happen that when that lycan got close to you, your instincts overpowered your humanity in order to survive" Alec explains.

In silence, he grabs my hands and starts washing them, erasing every remaining blood.

I swallow. I guess that makes sense. That lycan would have probably ripped me into pieces the moment he saw me, I just bought more time for myself until Alec came to my rescue, because there was no way I would have been able to defeat that man who's been a lycan his whole life.

I wrap Alec's neck with my arms closing the gap between us. Loving the feeling of his hard and warm body against me.

"It's fine I guess... I would go through anything to be with you" I say kissing the tip of his nose and the smile he gives me warms my insides.

"I love you so much" he whispers then kisses my lips with fervent passion, moaning when his tongue finds mine. I growl into the kiss and push my body against his, feeling his erection against my hot core.

"I want you" I say, and my voice comes out hoarse and deep which surprised me.

"You are hurt" he argues.

"I'm a lycan now, I am already healing" I say.

He kisses me shortly biting my lower lip.

"At least let me bandage your wound"

He does that in record time and at the next moment, I was lying naked at the edge of the bed with Alec naked in front of me.

"I want you to put your hands under your knees lifting both legs to your chest, but open them wide" he commands, and just by the tone of his voice, I was dripping wet.

I do it, as he said, feeling exposed. My body shakes in anticipation when Alec aligns his cock in my entrance, leaning toward me until both of his hands were at both sides of my face, supporting himself.

I scream when Alec penetrates me without notice and starts pounding into me. At first, he starts with a quick pace thrusting hard and deep, hitting my walls sending a spasm all over my body every time, but then he takes out all his cock but the tip and pound into me, reaching deeper in this new position. I moan loudly, my eyes rolling at the back of my skull. He does this until he can't control himself and goes back to the fast pace, hitting the back of my cunt, my tight walls creating more friction making Alec growl like a beast.

"Alec!" I moan arching my back. My legs start trembling as my climax got closer and I don't know for how long I could hold my legs.

"Fuck! Riley!" he moans my name and I growl exploding all over his cock, seeing stars behind my eyelids.

Alec lowers his head and kisses me rudely while he comes full force, rolling his hips until we came down from our high.

"Fuck, that was amazing" I say trying to calm down my breathing.

Alec smirks, connecting our gazes.

"Sex with me is going to be always amazing, my love" he says winking at me.

I roll my eyes at him.

"What a way to ruin the mood, buddy" I snort mockingly.

"I can build the mood back if you want" says wiggling his eyebrows.

"As much as I enjoy having you fucking me, I'm tired and want to rest on my mate's arms"

"Granted" he says going to the bathroom, and after cleaning himself and me, we snuggle together, enjoying de proximity of each other.

"I love you, Alec"

"I love you, Riley"

***

In the morning, I woke up before Alec does, and that's a first.

I tried to sneak out of the bed silently, hoping that I could avoid touching the subject of why I was in the palace last night instead of being with my family having dinner. At least Alec had called them telling them that I was with him and that I was safe.

Alec's laugh makes me stiffen. I close my eyes cursing in my head.

Dang it.

"I knew you would try something like that" he says, mockery tainting his tone.

"But, babyyyy" I pout turning around, propping myself up with my elbow, leaving my chest exposed.

Alec looks at my girls and extends an arm to pinch one erected nipple, a look of hunger on his face.

"Oh, so now you call me 'baby'" he wonders, looking at me with a raised brow.

I blush.

I still was new to calling him by a pet names. But I wanted to try and get used to it.

"Come on! Don't be mean" I pout looking at him with my best attempt at puppy eyes.

"My sweet sweet love"

Alec brings me closer to him and tucks a hair behind my ear, looking at me with so much love and adoration. Every time he looks at me like that, Kevin and the gang -AKA the butterflies that settled in my stomach- start doing their routine.

I groan, knowing what he was about to say.

"I'm worried, Riley. I could feel the turmoil of emotions in you. I know something has you upset. I want to be there for you" Alec caress my cheek and I let out a sigh of defeat. I lay down on my pillow so I could stare at him.

"It's about my family" I mumble and look at my hands. "It's kinda stupid, really..."

Alec make me look at him.

"Nothing that has you upset is stupid, my love. Everyone has their issues, it's not my place to judge you for yours"

I smile at him.

Damn, he is the perfect man, and I still couldn't believe that I got him as my mate. It still shocks me but there is no way I'm gonna complain about it.

I considered myself lucky, but that didn't stop me from feeling sad about some aspects of my life, like the death of my adoptive parents and what is bothering me at the moment about my family. I mean, any of that doesn't make me any less lucky, but it still hurts.

I just hoped I could get over this issue or I might need therapy.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hope you enjoyed the reading 😊