Chapter 9

Alec's POV:

For my mother's sake, I put on a suit, being kind enough to put on a tie. But I don't try to fix my hair.

I really didn't want to be a participant in the "small" party, but both families are friends and my mother wanted me to get along with her friend's daughter, whose name I completely forgot

The worst part was that I have to attend with Elena, who probably was happy with the arrangement our parents made.

I huff in annoyance before leaving my chambers and heading to the ballroom with my packmates. Right outside was Elena already waiting for me, and once I got close enough, she latches to my side taking my left arm hostage.

I grumble lowly and start descending the stairs just to be ambushed by my mother who was eager to show me the reason for this party.

I follow her to where the sons of her friend were and I stop mid-track when a scent came to my nose. It was faint but enough to have my lycan worked up.

I look around frantically, trying to find a new face but couldn't locate any. She must have gone somewhere. I let my lycan take control and guided me outside where the scent was more prominent. I follow its trace which led me into the forest and to a dress hanging from a tree branch.

I take the skirt of the dress and breathe in, taking in the intoxicating scent. Whoever is the owner of this enticing scent, is going to be mine tonight. I growl pleased and shift letting out a howl, making her know I was after her.

I start to run through the forest at lightning speed, my heart beating faster than ever. I couldn't believe that this was happening. I never thought I would actually find my mate, and now I was chasing after her. My lycan howled in bliss, impatient to have her in our arms.

I run faster just stopping when I hear another heartbeat close by that was as fast as mine. I move in the shadows to lay my eyes on a beautiful white wolf, a black spot covering just one of her ears. She had her ears perk up as if trying to find something, sniffing the air. I make a noise, pleased that she was looking for the source of the howl. My howl.

She instantly turns around and our eyes clashed with each other and I felt the air leave my lungs. I could see her snout moving frantically while taking my scent, giving small steps toward me. Her reaction toward me made my claws and canines itch with the need of making her mine.

Not being able to hold back anymore, I kneel in front of her to take her head and bury my head in her neck, sniffing there, getting high with her sweet scent. I growl in contentment when I feel her nuzzling my neck. I wanted to take her right here right now, I wanted to show her the love that has been unused inside me. I hadn't seen her in her human form, and yet, I already craved her.

I pull away from her to look at her directly at those hazel eyes that are already driving me crazy.

"Mine" I huff and instantly shift into my human form, with my now wrinkled suit. I didn't give a fuck. I found my mate, and the world will know it.