Midnight Jog (Meg)

The craws of distant crows had travelled through large the forest of the Entity's cast realm. Your weary eyes fluttered open upon hearing the birds. A soft groan escaped your lips as you sat up in your dark tent.

Your hand gently parted the entry to your tent and peered outside. You were met with darkness, cold breezes, and an obnoxiously bright moon. How late was it? A sighed left your lips as you lied back down on your sleeping bag. This stupid birds had awoken you. Who knows how long it will take before you could go back to sleep.

"Psst...Y/N." A soft voice spoke.

Your head shot up from the sleeping bag and you were very alarmed. Who was that? Why were they up? How did they even know you were up at this moment? You immediately shoved the thoughts away and decided to figure out who was bothering you.

"Hmm...? You hummed in response.

"It's Meg. Wanna go for a jog?" Meg responded.

Meg. It had been ages since you talked with her. The last proper conversation you had with her, it had been weeks ago. It seemed the Entity had favored her for the time being and threw her into a ton of trials.

You frowned, "A jog? Right now?"

"Yeah. I mean you don't have to if you don't want to."

It had been awhile since you hung out with Meg. She was  getting thrown into trials like all the time. Plus it was not like you were going to be able to sleep.

"I'm in." You smiled.

You swiftly exited your tent and was met by Meg. A smile formed on her lips as she watched you fully exit your tent.

"Alrighty. Where to?" You asked.

"I dunno. I'll just go and you'll follow." She said.

"Fine by me." You smiled.

The two of you walked away from the campsite. You assumed that your fellow survivors would not be pleased to be awoken by the sound of people running. Once the two of you were an appropriate distance away from the camp, Meg broke into a jog with you following swiftly behind.

"So how did you know I was awake?" You asked, trying not to be loud.

"I saw you peek your head from your tent. I assumed that the crows woke you up." She responded.

"They did. Did they wake you up?"

"They did, but earlier."

"Gotcha."

The two of you seemed to follow a narrow dirt trail that passed many trees. The trial almost seemed endless. You had followed this trial many times, but it always seemed to continue for an eternity. You never fully followed the trial as it would break off into five different paths. The only path you ever explored was the one to the stream. Other survivors said a few of those paths lead straight into the Killer territory. A place you definitely did not want to be at.

The orange-haired woman stopped in her tracks once the two of you reached the fork of five paths.

"Should we go down to the stream today." Meg suggested.

You nodded in response. Meg immediately began jogging toward the direction of the nearby stream. You swiftly followed her with a smile on your face. You were not necessarily a fan of jogging per se, but when you were doing with a friend it was very nice. Even a little relaxing.

The sounds of flowing water came into earshot. The view of the stream came into view not long after hearing it. Seeing the stream made you feel at peace. It looked heavenly with the silver rays of the moon shining down upon the water.