Chapter 7//Quick peck

Raiko's POV:
I woke this morning, groaning. It's Monday, which means extra homework and tutoring Baji aka torture time.I rolled off the bed with a thud, not wanting to repeat last Monday, which resulted in Baji pulling out of bed and driving me to school without my bag, which ended up with..things I'd rather not talk about.

Anyways back to me, I crawled out of my comfort zone and made my way down the kitchen where the smell of miso soup was in the air.Boy, that woke me up.
" Morning sweetie." Mom said, stirring the pot." Your up early."
" Planning to sleep at school." I mumbled, taking a seat as she brought food to the table.I glanced at the clock." Plenty of time."

I grabbed all my stuff and jumped into my shoes.
"Dont forgot your bento!" Mom yelled form the kitchen.
" How could I ever forget food?!" I said and headed out but was meet with an unexpected person.
" Kazutora? What are you doing here?"
" Mikey told me to drive you to school." He replied, smiling.His hair blowing softly in the morning wind.
" Really?Why?I can walk." I said.
" I dont know.If he tells you to do something, you hop to it.He thinks its probably not safe for youto be walking this early, hop on."He said" Dont worry, I wont drop you or anything."
"Better not." I chuckled." And im in a literally gang, i can manage myself."
"Before you get on, wear my jacket so you wont get cold." He said, offering my his black hoodie.
"Oh..thanks."
I put it over my head. It smells like him.
"All done?K lets go." He said.I held onto his waist tight.
The great tales of kazutora's flustered face begins...

The ride was silence but comforting.I buried my face into his back to shelter for the harsh cold air.He was warm and surprisingly comforting.Its so safe whenever I'm with him.My face started heating up.So I've got a crush huh...

Kazu's POV:
When she leaned onto my back , I swear I got a heart attack.Hell, I've never been this close to a girl before, its..weird.I could feel myself smiling a little. She's so..unpredictable.I swear she can be dangerous or snarky to me and then so soft and quiet the next second.

I do like her afterall.

3rd's person POV:
" So..why did you decided to drive me to school today?"Raiko asked.
"I told you, I dont know. Mikey told me to."Kazutora replied.
"That's weird..normally he would drive me to school himself if wants..oh well, to tired to care to this point."Raiko mumbled the first part to herself, leaning more into Kazutora's back.The boy flinched before saying with his usual snarky voice.
"Dont sleep now, I wont be able to carry you."
"Dont worry, I'll sleep at school."
They arrived at Raiko's school with 10 minutes to spare.
"Thanks by the way.."Raiko yawned.
"No prob, by the way, Toman's hanging out by the park later on, wanna..come?"He asked, turning his head away.
"Yeah, but Baji will be at another parents meeting again.Probably about his grades.And then I have to tutor him-"
" Baji already told me to pick you up afterschool and drive you there."
"Really?Great! Oh, and here's your hoodie!"
"Thanks."
"Now..see ya!" Raiko smiled and was about to turn away but she came back to give him a peck on his cheek.It was short but childish and cute.
"Ok..bye!"And dashed to the front gate.Kazutora stood there with a hand on his burning cheek as his heartbeat rushed.
" That girl...."

Raiko dashed to the front gate, blushing and smiling.
"Wahhh!! That was so bold! I hope he doesnt think im weird!" She mentally slapped herself while walking to her class.
"But gotta admit...that was so sweet!The way his face heated up in a tinted red!" Raiko smiled uncontrollably.
"Well, would you look at that, Raiko's smiling on a Monday morning, heck, it'll probably rain today." Haru said leaning on her chair as the red-hair girl walked through the door." And wake up Chifuyu, its your fault you stayed up late reading planes mangas last night." She flicked his forehead.
"That's bold coming from the one who chatted with me till 2, crying about Banana Fish."Chifuyu rubbed his forehead.
"Hey guys!" Raiko beamed.
" Whats got you in a happy mood this morning?"Haru asked.
"Uh..its nothing!I had takoyaki for breakfast so Im happy!" Raiko lied and sat down at her desk.
"Yeah sure.."The two glanced at each other.

Raiko stared into the sky, daydreaming about random things as the day stretched out full of yawns and boring lectures.

The final bell rang, waking her up.Raiko layed there yawning before remembering about the afternoon.She quickly dashed through the door with her bag slinged over her shoulders.
Kazutora stood there waiting for her with his motocycle while several students whispered and stared at him. Raiko spotted a bunch of girls glancing at him and blushing.
"Looks like you've got fangirls."Raiko smirked.
"Hm? I couldnt care less."Kazutora said bluntly." Hop on".
"Right away." Raiko could feel the eyes staring into the back of her head as she got on the motocycle and grabbed onto Kazutora's hoodie.
"Omg Raiko is with a delinquent!"
"You think Baji knows that guy?"
"I like his tattoo."
"He's so hot..."
"You think they're dating?"
Raiko blushed at the last line but brushed it off as kazutora started the engine and sped towards the park where Toman will be hanging out.

Oh and before you ask, Chifuyu and Haru were still in the classroom, staring after the red-hair girl dashing gown the stairs.
"Well, she just ditched us." Haru said.
"Yeah.But its her crush, so I'm not surprised."Chifuyu continued.
"Did I ever do that?"
"Hmm..yeah.You completely left Raiko at the store to walk me home last year."
"Wait who told you that?"Haru stopped and stared at him.
"Baji-san.H-he had to calm Raiko down after we left."Chifuyu said, struggling not to laugh.
"Omg...I was such a cliche middle school girl with a crush...."Haru buried her face in her hands, blushing from the memmory.
"Ahahaha dont worry, that's why I fell for you.You were such an otaku and a mess."
"Hey!That's not nice!"
"Whatever lets go to the park before Baji start spamming our phones."

---------------------------------------------------

Short chapter but no worries im already working on a new chapter!

Before we go, I have a few things for my fellow readers.

1) I have written the story in a way its kinda of like a romance anime in most scenes so I've decided to illustrated some of the scenes so I'll publish them in a seperate chapter.

2)Which one do you guys prefer more? Short chapters but many of them with a span of 700-1000 words or a small number of long chapters with about 2000+ words?Lemme know in the comments so i can anrrange the story in whatever makes my readers feel comfortable.

3) Once again, Im working on the illustrations but im on vacay so i dont have the colours with me in order to finish the piece.I planned to add the art in this chapter but my friend, her name's Minh(@MinhAnhHoang908) btw, she would kill me if I procrastinate and not publish in such a long time( jk still love ya bro!)so heres the chapter and drawings next chapter!

1164 words

Ahhh! Thats all and see ya next time!

Author xx