33

That night, when I was putting Lexi and Zach into bed, I put my hand into my pocket and pulled out a baby monitor camera. I set it up on the chest into drawers and made sure both of the cots were visible and most of the room. The other end of the camera was in our room.

"Night kids." I went and stood at the end of their cots. Both babies were fast asleep. "I love you."

With a smile, I turned and left the room, closing the door quietly behind me. I found Damon waiting for me in our room, lying shirtless on the bed. I changed into the clothes I slept in and climbed onto the bed with him. Damon reached out and pulled me down onto his chest, hugging me close.

"Tell me about us before you went back in time." He whispered. I had told Damon details of how I was in the other timeline, but he had never asked for this before. I smiled.

"You and I met on a road. You told me one wanted a love that consumed me." I looked up at Damon. "Little did one know that you were that love." Damon chuckled. "It took me a long time to accept that I loved you, but you waited for me until I did. We had a very chaotic relationship." I sighed. "The day I went back in time, I was planning to tell you everything. I was going to tell you how much I loved you. I think you already knew, but we both needed to say it."

"But you never got the chance." Damon whispered. "So that whole time before I asked you to be mine, you already knew me?"

"I already loved you." I nodded. "Then I was the one waiting for you."

"How did it feel?"

"It felt like you had forgotten me, even though I knew it wasn't your fault. It was torture." I propped myself up on my elbows. "But everything worked out." I smiled and leaned in to kiss him for a brief second. "We're married. We have two beautiful children. We have family and friends all around us. And we have each other."

Damon raised a hand and gently stroked my cheek. I leaned into him, sighing. He pulled me even closer and hugged me tightly. I pressed my face into his neck and pressed my lips to his skin. Damon shivered ever so slightly, and his grip tightened around me.

I grinned and trailed my lips from his neck to his jaw. Pausing, I let my lips gently brush Damon's ear as I spoke.

"I love you." I murmured.

I pressed my lips to his jaw and then left a line line of kisses all the way to his mouth. Damon stared up into my eyes as I lifted my head to hover my lips above his. I waited him out, testing his patience. Damon saw what I was doing immediately and his eyes narrowed playfully ever so slightly.

"You're sneaky." He murmured.

"I know." I breathed, slowly running my foot down his leg. I moved even closer. All Damon had to do was lean in the slightest amount to kiss me. I saw the look in his eye and grinned.

That did it. Damon growled under his breath and grabbed my waist, pulling him to me. His mouth collided with mine and then he was kissing me over and over again. I gasped as his tongue washed over my bottom lip. My mouth parted as Damon tore my shirt down the middle and slid it off my arms.

"I love you." Damon mumbled against my lips. I just clutched him closer.

"I love you too."