19

"Elena." Something touched my cheek.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was sitting on the floor of the Salvatore boarding house. Bonnie was right in front of me, and she threw her arms around me.

"I did it." She laughed. "You're back."

"Bonnie." I mumbled, hugging her back. "Where's Damon?"

"Who's Damon?" Bonnie asked, pulling back.

"Damon Salvatore." I frowned. How much had the future changed?

"As in Stefan Salvatore? Are they related?"

"Brothers. Bonnie, I need to find him. It's really important." I stood, and Bonnie noticed my clothes and my bump.

"Holy...Elena! Do you want to explain why the hell you look very pregnant? What the hell happened in there?"
"How long was I gone?"

"About ten months." She bit her lip.

"I'll explain later." I said. "I really need to contact Stefan." Bonnie handed me her phone and I found Stefan's number.

I called him and bit my lip, praying that he would answer. After a long minute, there was a click. I sighed in relief, running my fingers through my hair to get it out of my face.

"Hi Bonnie." Stefan answered.

"It's not Bonnie." I said. "This is Elena." There was a beat of total silence.

"Hey Elena." Stefan said. "I take it Bonnie finally found the right spell."

"Did Katherine explain everything?" I asked.

There was a beat of utter silence. I bit my lip, absentmindedly crading my bump with one arm. For a moment, I thought that Stefan was gone.

"She said you were a vampire and that we would definitely see you again, but she wouldn't tell us when." He said. "Elena, we met in highschool. Do you not remember?"

"Tell me." I said. "I think what I remember has changed."

"We met in highschool, and I dated Caroline for a bit. Other than that, we've just been close friends. I tried to contact Damon when I realised who you were, but he never replied."

"I need to find Damon." I said.

"He's...." Stefan paused. "He went completely off the rails when you disappeared. I have no idea where he is. I'm sorry Elena."

I pressed my lips together, more tears spilling down my cheeks. Bonnie had no idea what was going on but she put an arm around my shoulders and hugged me tightly. I rested my head on her shoulder, trying to speak.

"Okay." I managed. "Thanks anyway." I dropped the phone away from my ear and hung up, handing it back to Bonnie.

"Elena, how do you know Stefan's brother?" Bonnie helped me to the couch and we sat down. "Stefan told us that he had a brother, but never told us anything about him."

"When the spell went wrong, you sent me back in time." I told her. "To 1863. I met Damon and Stefan when they were humans, and I met Katherine too. I spent ten months there." Bonnie nodded, gently running my arm to comfort me. "I got married to Damon, and I got pregnant a month ago."

"But you're a vampire." Bonnie frowned. "Vampires don't get pregnant."

"Spell." I muttered, rubbing my eyes.

"Can I call everyone and tell them that you're back?" Bonnie asked. I nodded, and she slipped off the couch and picked up her phone.

She went out into the hallway to give me some privacy. I stayed curled up on the couch, trying to stop crying. If Stefan didn't know where Damon was, then I doubt we would find him anytime soon. I had seen him only minutes ago, but it had been over a hundred and fifty years for Damon.