today

"I don't want to leave you" I admit. "I know it will only be two months. But we go from seeing each other everyday to none at all"

He sighs. "I know."

I'm wrapped in his arms, wishing we could stay like this forever. Imagining life without seeing him, is a life I don't want to live.

"Facetime everyday right?"

"Damn right" He mumbles. I know he's upset and trying to hide it. His eyes are staring at one object, while his finger is continuously tapping on his leg, and he's barely talking at all. I know him too well to not know when somethings bothering him. He thinks I don't notice it, but it's the only thing I'm thinking about. We shouldn't rely on each other as much as we do but we can't help it.

"What do you want to do today? My flight isn't until later, so we have time to do whatever. I just need to say bye to everyone"

"It's up to you. It's your last day"

"Ok then. How about we just chill here for a few hours and then we leave and I say bye to Johnny? Is that ok?"His expressions change like he doesn't want to but is afraid to admit it. "What?"

"I can just stay here while you say bye to him. I wouldn't want to interrupt"

"You won't be interrupting. Is it just because of how you flipped on him a bit ago? I'm sure he'll forgive you. You just have to talk to him"

"I'll pass. I'll pick you up when your done"

"He's my dad Eli"

"I'll drop you off and pick you up when your done" he repeats. I nod, not wanting to fight.

I get up and walk to the bathroom and throw on the pair of clothes that I keep here. Brush my teeth, comb my hair and  go back to him.

When I walk out he's on the phone with someone but once his eyes land on me, he says he has to go and hangs up. "Who was that?" I ask.

"Oh, no one." He turns away. "So, what time do you want to leave?"

He's acting suspicious. If it's "no one" then why can't I know who it is. "You seem busy. I'll just ask him to pick me up. Wouldn't want to interrupt"

He raises he eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

I turn the other way and call Johnny. "What's up!" he says.

"Want to hang out today before I leave?"

"Oh shit, yea. I was going to stop by anyway"

"Great. Could you pick me up from Eli's in 15?"

"Come on, babe. I told you i'd take you there" Eli talks in the back. I ignore it.

"Yea. See you then" We hang up and I turn back to him.

I'm not mad at him but I know he does have stuff to do. He has practice and that always goes overtime anyway. He can't stop his life just because I'm leaving.

"What did you say?" I ask, honestly. He rolls his eyes.

"Nothing. Could you help me do my hair"

"Really?! You never ask me to help you with your mohawk." I get excited. His mohawk is his life. I don't know what he'd do without it.

"Just come here" he sits down on the lip of the toilet and hands me the hair gel while i'm standing in between his legs. "Do you know what you're doing?"

"I'm not stupid"

I start to do the mohawk but I catch him staring at me. Every time I look down at him, he looks away. He doesn't want me to know he was looking at me. "What?" I ask him.

"I'm just gonna miss you"

"I'm going to miss you too. Just a couple of weeks apart"

"Still a long time" He places his hands on my wait.

"Hopefully it will go fast."

"But think about it. the next time we see each other, you'll be better and able to do things that you aren't able to do know"

I nod. The surgery isn't 100% accurate. It's still a slight chance that it won't work. "Yea" I don't want to tell him that because I know it will just make him worry and he'll tell me not to think like that. "Ok. I'm done"

He stands up, slightly pushing me to the side and looks in the mirror. "It looks great, thanks Lil" I nod.

"Johnny should be here soon. I should go wait downstairs."

"Are you sure you're ok? Why couldn't I just drive you?"

"You have practice in a few hours."

"I told you last night i'd skip. You're leaving tonight, I want to spend every second with you" He wraps his hand in mine.

"You can't miss things just because i'm leaving. I'll see you after practice. Plus he's already on his way"

"Ok then. Whatever you say" he gives in. "Let me know when you're done and i'll pick you up?"

"Sure." he smiles, leaning in and kisses me lightly on my lips. He doesn't pull away, instead places his hands on my face and continues to kiss me. We hear Johnnys honk his horn outside but that doesn't stop him. He starts to kiss down my neck, staying in one spot.
"Eli I need to go" I laugh, trying to push him away.

"I don't want you to go" I lift his face up to mine and kiss him. "I will call you when i'm done"

"Ugh, fine. I love you and be safe"

"I love you too" I head for the door but he grabs my hand, pulling me back towards him and kisses me again. "I have to go or he won't stop honking!" I laugh.

He lets me go and I walk out. He follows me down the steps to the front door. "One more?" He teases.

I roll my eyes, sarcastically. "One more" I lean in and kiss him once. "Bye Eli"

"Bye my love."

I walk out to Johnnys car while Eli watches me from the door.

"What took you so long? I feel like i've been sitting here for days" Johnny snarks.

"Sorry, I lost track of time"

"Yea. right" he says, sarcastically.

_____________________________________

a/n- ok so this chapter is going to be split up in most likely three parts!