Chapter 25

It's the next day and I'm by myself. Hawk hasn't come back and my mom went home to grab me things since I'll be in the hospital for two or more days. I've been scrolling through TikTok to pass time. 

I groan and get out of my bed and head over to Miguel's room.

"Hey" I catch him off guard.

"Oh hey!" he says.

"So you've seen Johnny?" I ask. His mood changes at the mention of him.

"Yea uh" He pauses " not for long. I did everything he said and he had no idea what he was saying. I couldn't even look at him so I made him leave" 

I shake my head, "I'm sorry Miguel. He's had a lot going on"

"Yea, well his son kicked me off a railing that ended up with me may never being able to walk again. He has nothing going on"

I sigh, "You're right. Your situation is much worse than his. But just because you're going through something doesn't mean he's not. He only wants the best for you Miguel"

"Yea and his "best" put me in a coma!" he snaps. "Look, I'm sorry. I don't want to fight with you can we talk about something else" I nod and he asks about how I'm doing. I explained why I'm in here and what's happened while he was in the coma. Everything was ok until Tory was brought up.

"Have you talked to her?" I nod at him. "How is she?" he asks sincerely.

"Um, struggling mainly. Her moms not doing well so she's working two jobs. She feels so guilty for everything Miguel"

He sighs, "Yea." he pauses, "Tory has a rough life. She doesn't deserve it but she hasn't done anything to help me or anything." I look down not knowing what to say. She hasn't done anything, honestly, I don't even think she has the time. She may not even know he's awake.

We continue to talk until a doctor comes in to speak with him. I walk back to my room and check my phone. 

*2 Missed Texts from Eli<3 *
*1 missed text from Demetri*

My eyes go wide at the sight of a missed text from Demetri so I rush to open it right away.

Demetri

Hey, I'm not sure if you'd want to talk to me or not but I heard you're in the hospital. I wanted to check-in and see how you were.

Hey! I'm um ok. Docs are just trying to treat it and everything so I'm here for a couple of days. It's tiring but I'll get through it. Thank you for asking it really means a lot Dem🤍
also, we should catch up when I'm out of here. Get lunch or something

Yea sure! just lmk

The smile on my face is so bright you could see it a mile away. I'm so glad he texted me, felt like a breath of fresh air. Shit, I need to answer Hawk.

Eli<3

Hey, comin back now.
wanna watch a movie or something? your pick

Of course. See you then

Part of me wants to tell Hawk that I talked to Dem but the other part doesn't. I'm afraid he's going to go after him again, I'm not sure for what but knowing him he's been doing unexpected things recently.

My eyes wander up to the door to see one of my favorite nurses standing there with a cart.

"What's that?" I ask her.

"Gifts for you" She smirks. She walks over to the side of my bed to show me the gifts. "Here's a vase of roses from Amanda LaRusso with a note, a fruit basket from Yasmine, a note and stuffed animal from Kyler, and a gift basket from Demetri" she finishes.  Yasmine and Kyler and I have a past that I'm not ready to talk about. Hawk doesn't know about what happened with Kyler because I'm afraid of what he'll do to him. It was while we were all friends but they both don't know, only Yasmine. I never wanted to think about what happened between us again so I ignored it and tried to forget about it. We haven't had a class together and it was easy to ignore him but when he'd see me in the halls, I could feel him eye me down. Always sent chills down my spine.

I decide to Ignore Yasmine and Kyler's gift and go to Amandas first.

the note:

Hi, dear. I'm sure you're surprised to see a gift from me but just because you have some rivalry with my husband doesn't me you do with me. We hope you enjoy these roses and get better soon.

-Amanda LaRusso
Samantha LaRusso

Amanda's always been so sweet, She's the real boss of her family. Daniel doesn't deserve her. I'm surprised to see Sam sign it, I mean I've never had a bad thing with her until the way she treated Miguel.

Next up, Dems. I decide to read the note first.

The note:

Hey Lillian. I know we're aren't necessarily on good terms right now but I want you to know I love you and appreciate you. You're probably bored so hopefully, this basket helps. There's cherry coke, Reese's candy,  the Divergent series, and you're favorite book After We Fell. All you're favorites. Get better soon.
(P.S. there's a can of Sprite in there since I'm sure he's with you)
- Demetri

After finishing the note I find tears going down my face. I miss my best friend so much. He even included something for Hawk after everything he's done to him the past couple of months, he still cares for him.