The ultimate sacrifice for love

Chapter seventy five

"Rosalind?" Hade's voice asked as he exposed himself from their hiding spot. He couldn't care less about keeping a low profile, this had become extremely personal. Hade wasn't the only Valencia to rebel against the plan. Zeus followed his Father.

"Mum?" Zeus weakly asked, struggling to find his voice. He felt his body go in to shock as he stood the closest he had ever been to his Mother in seventeen years. They had a good distance between them but he hadn't even heard her voice since he was a child.

"My Zeus." Rosalind called with a smile as if she had never abandoned him.

"I'm not your anything!" Zeus abruptly shouted, his unfamiliar emotion quickly turned to anger. Rosalind became noticeably more irritated, she didn't expect her son to be so alike his Father.

"The rest of you may as well come out, I know you're here." She shouted.

"Oh we know!" Madeline replied, as the rest of the crew walked out, guns locked and loaded. They slowly approached, creating a wall behind the Valencia's.

"Madeline. What a delight." Rosalind sarcastically said. "I must say I'm shocked you're still alive. You must have toughened up since I was ran out of town."

"And you're still very much deluded if you believe you were run out of town. You ran yourself out of town. You abandoned your child, an innocent boy who needed a Mother. But turns out he didn't, all he needed his Father, and his sister." Madeline sharply replied, lowering her weapon to take a better look at the woman who she spent so long hating. Madeline never understood how she left Zeus behind as if he were a stranger.

"Ah, yes. The famous Cleopatra. I've heard many things about you. Quite the assassin." Rosalind said in a sarcastic tone, this was all play for her.

"If protecting my family is being an assassin, then yes I am. And a very fucking good one at that." Cleo replied, her patience was wearing thin. Rosalind chuckled at her confidence.

"The power of being a part of the Valencia's, I remember it pretty vividly, except Hade would have sacrifice me over him back in the day."

"And I wonder why." Hade sighed, watching his former lover mock his family. She hadn't changed much on the outside, but she sure had become uglier on the inside. Rosalind was a troubled girl, but it was always by her own doing, he had grown tired of saving her from every situation.

"Nice to see you too, Hade." She said with a grin. They met eyes after all those years and Hade hadn't missed them one bit. Losing Rosalind was nothing like losing Madeline. He realised he never truly loved Rosalind. Madeline was the woman who had, and always will have his heart.

"Can we cut the crap and get to why you've been wiping out half of the population in Arcane and Asterin?" Cleo snapped, the adult bickering was getting them nowhere.

Rosalind chuckled. "She is feisty." Cleo bit on her jaw making it lock, this woman was the most infuriating person she had ever met. "I waited many years for Karama to right my wrongs, but I grew tired."

"So this was revenge."

She smirked at Cleo for her conclusion. "Of some sorts, yes. This place is crawling with awful people who should be punished for what they have done. Including you!"

"But you never met me. You left before I was born."

She rolled her eyes. "You don't think I didn't keep tabs? I kept a close eye on my son."

"Do not call me that!" Zeus shouted, every word that came from her mouth made him more and more angry. She was a stranger, she had no right to act like she had been there all along. "You left me. I grew up without knowing who my Mother really was. Do you not know how fucked up that is? If it wasn't for Madeline I doubt I would have survived. For years I've hated you, I wished you would have died so I could have closure. But maybe things happen for a reason, because I got to grow up with the best Dad, Madeline, and the best sister I could have ever imagined. No thanks to you!" Nobody was prepared for Zeus's speech. He had been desperate to say those words for years, but he never thought he would ever get the chance to actually do it.