The long game

Chapter sixty seven

Cleo stared at her screen in shock. As she played the footage of her security camera's she watched Charlie. He'd been stood at her door for several minutes, which wasn't entirely unusual, but when he managed to unlock her front door and invade her house. Suddenly, a lot of things made sense. When she caught him studying the map Zeus had put together, he was the only person other than the crew to see it. "KAI." Cleo said urgently, shaking his arm. He stirred away, Cleo abruptly waking him up wasn't new, but her pale panicked face was.

"What's happened?" He asked sitting up and resting his hand on her knee. Cleo pointed to the screen, prompting Kai to watch the same unnerving footage. "You think he tipped them off?" Kai asked, he'd wanted Charlie to slip up so bad, but this was very extreme.

Cleo sighed. "I saw him with the plan, plus I left it in my desk drawer, he must have come back for it. He broke in here Kai, why would he do that if he wasn't involved?" Cleo's disappointment was pushed aside, this wasn't the time to play the hurt teenage girl, this was when her Valencia side kicks in.

"I'm think it's about time we take a little trip to Asterin and give that bastard what he deserves." Kai sternly said with a new anger in his eyes. Reaching for his t-shirt he thought of all the ways he would torture the boy who had hurt Cleo in the worst way possible.

"Not so fast Malakai." Cleo said getting out of their bed. Kai's confused face met hers. The old Cleo would have been out the door by now, but she had grown in the past year, she had to play the long game to really win.

"His time will come, but right now they don't know that we know Charlie's compromised."

"Keep talking." Kai smirked, he loved the way Cleo's mind worked.

"We start your plan."

~~~

Lola and Jax were shocked when Cleo played them the footage of Charlie's break in. They arrived at the base shortly after Cleo summoned them. "What an arsehole." Jax cursed.

"Yeah, well now we have to act quick, before anyone else gets hurt."

Jax turned back to Cleo. "So we go kill him. Why are we still standing here?" He asked, as if this was Cleo's first rodeo.

"That's what I said." Kai told Jax. The two infuriated boys stood together, united and staring at the brunette with questioning eyes.

"We're sticking to the plan." Cleo sternly said.

Jax glared at her. "I don't know Cleo. It was tight with four people, that is asking for a repeat. We'll need an army to survive."

"Which is why you and me are going to secure a little back up." Cleo said with a smirk, Jax's curiosity peaked. "In the meantime. Lola, I need you to go all FBI, get anything you can." Lola nodded and walked to her lair.

"And what about me?" Kai questioned with narrowed eyes.

Cleo smiled and walked closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "I need you to go stay with Zeus. He's the most vulnerable, who knows what they'll do next? Can you do that?"

Kai smiled and softly kissed Cleo's lips. "Anything you need Valencia. But promise me you'll call me if you need something." Cleo nodded, and rested her forehead against his. Kai's words and easy going way was exactly what she needed.

"The hideout isn't safe anymore. We'll go back to my house, not even they will know where it is." Cleo told Kai. Other than April he would be the first outsider to know where the Valencia home is.