Damn right I'm a Valencia

Chapter forty nine

Loud footsteps approaching the corridor caught the siblings attention. They peered around the corner to see two men talking in a suspicious manner. One dressed in grey and the other in a black suit, for crooks they sure don't look shabby. They spoke intimately as if they thought they were being watched, of course they were, in fact they were being watched by their worst nightmare.

Zeus pointed to the other side of the wall they were hiding against, Cleo nodded and he rolled on the floor so they could attack from each side. "What was that?" One of the men questioned as he caught a glimpse of Zeus' action.

"That would be me." Zeus admitted as he exposed himself to the enemy. The two men seemed calm when they saw him, startled but composed enough. However the same can't be said when Cleo walked out gliding her dainty fingertips across her shiny metallic throwing stars. "Don't forget me brother." She said casually.

"Your... your." The man in grey stuttered.

"I'm what?" Cleo asked particularly interested in how they know her.

"Cleopatra Valencia." His side kick who seemed less intimated than his friend said. It makes sense that they would know her considering she's the top spot of the whole dead pool. She hated being on it but she did enjoy the fear she struck in them.

"Damn right I am." She smirked as she punched the black suited man. His friend sprang into action but not soon enough, Zeus landed a right hook and he stumbled back hitting his head on the wall before sliding down to the floor. Cleo had a harder fight on her hands. Her opponent was definitely stronger than the other, a sharp kick in the chest and a knee to the face as he fell ultimately led him to have the shared fate as his friend.

"Two down." Zeus reported.

"I've managed to link the phones to the cell tower, I can track them!" Lola cheered through their ears. Zeus dragged the two bodies through the fire exit and giving them two shots to the chest Lola's voice became more alerted.

"Cleo and Zeus, you have like four people coming your way."

"Fuck." Zeus muttered. "This is too close to the ballroom."

"Let's go." Cleo said as she began running down the furthest away they could get to in the little time they would have. Coincidently as they stopped they found the four angry looking men storming down, they seemed as if they knew their team mates were being taken out. Cleo and Zeus stood tall as they approached. "You ready?" Zeus asked his sister.

"Born ready." Cleo smirked as she set her sights upon the two opposite her. She strutted forwards as if she was a model on a run way in her killer heels. She slid through the first man legs and stood quickly smashing his head against the solid wall. The brutal hit caused a small blood trail down the white wall as he slid down. "That might be tricky to explain." Cleo said to herself. A gust of wind blew on her face as she looked at the unconscious man. Zeus gripped the arm of the man that was close to hitting Cleo. "Still saving my ass." Cleo smirked as Zeus flipped him over and ending him with a single bullet.

"Always." He replied with a warm smile.

A figure coming around the corner reaching into his pocket made Cleo reach for a blade and launch it through the air. The star hit the man in the chest, he gasped for air as blood bled through his perfectly pressed shirt. "Still saving my ass too." Zeus turned behind him to witness the man collapse.

"Shit, I'm outnumbered. Five to one." Jax said sounding more frustrated than panicked. Zeus looked at Cleo knowing he has no choice but to go his aid.