The crew

Chapter seventy

Cleo recognised that voice clear as day, the first voice she ever heard. Her Dad!

Hade and Madeline walked into the room. A smirk rose on everyone's faces. "Figured you could use some help." Hade said, joining the table of young adults he had raised to be the best fighters in the world of constant battle.

"Depends, how are you behind the wheel these days?" Cleo challenged her confident Father.

"Not as good as me, but a strong second." Madeline replied, before Hade opened his mouth. Cleo chuckled, she now understands why they compare her to Madeline, they say the same phrases.

"Since when did you race?" Cleo questioned her rather fiery looking Mother. She was dressed in all back, heavy boots and curled hair, she looked a spitting image of when she lived in Arcane. Zeus's prediction of her return was looking rather accurate.

Madeline chuckled. "I was queen of the streets before you sweetheart."

"Oh shit, you were mad Mads." Jax said in shock with his jaw nearly on the floor.

Madeline stuffed her hands into her back pockets with a smirk. "Glad to know that name stuck." She said directly to Hade. He stood with a proud grin, knowing he loved calling her that back in their day.

Cleopatra and Zeus weren't the first Valencia's to rule the racing world. Hade was a regular at races, he was the king. He had never intended to find a Queen, but when he met the famous 'Mad Mads' his world stopped. He had no clue who the pretty blonde was, but he did know she was a weapon behind the wheel. Part of the reason he was mesmerised by her was how she was different from everyone else. She held her own, but she had elegance, he could see the release and freedom she got from racing. When she stepped out her car she looked at peace. Madeline wasn't there for male attention or an ego boast, she was there purely for herself. When Hade finally had the guts to speak to Madeline, he challenged her to a race. She found it amusing and warned him that he would lose, Madeline kept her word, she beat Hade by a mile. They spent more time at races together and learned that they were similar but so different at the same time, it was a breath of fresh air considering Zeus's mother was making Hade's life a living hell. At this point Hade's relationship with her was breaking down. She was disappearing, making bad choices and putting their little family in constant danger. But Hade was adamant on making Zeus's life as perfect as it could be, so he rolled with the punches. Until one day, Zeus's Mother disappeared again, but never came back.

Hade was alone with an infant, his heir. He didn't have time for heart break or anger, he had to take care of Zeus and be two parents in one. It wasn't until one day Madeline discovered what was happening from one of the racers did she realise how good a man Hade Valencia was. When Madeline met Zeus, Hade knew he was in love with her. She was so natural with him, Madeline was way better with him than his actual Mother was. He waited for her to return to see Zeus, but she never did. In a way he was glad she didn't come back, because there was no way Zeus was going away with her. Shortly after Madeline and Hade became a couple she fell pregnant with Cleo. Their lives changed dramatically, races were pretty much non-existent to them, but they never forgot their roots. When Madeline was called back for her royal duties she left Arcane after being given no choice. She fought long and hard but it was safest for her family to leave. Cleo was old enough to know she was gone but she never understood why she didn't say screw you to royalty and stay.

***

"Mad Mads?" Cleo questioned in disbelief. Her nickname sounded more comical than threatening. Being known as 'Valencia' was enough to make any racer fear for their car and money.