Thirty-three

As the months progressed, Augustus and Sebastian's relationship slowly started to mend. Apparently, Magdeline's pregnancy wasn't a bad thing after all. Augustus had thought it was going to be the wager that came between them. He thought seeing Magdeline's bulge growing would make him resent the brunnet even more. Thought that Sebastian's attention will completely derail towards Magdeline. But for some bizzar reason, it seemed Magdeline preferred being around Augustus way more than Sebastian. Her hormones were jumbled up, the moment she saw Sebastian she'd get cranky but she would cling to Augustus' arm, even snuggling against him on the couch. She said his scent suppresses the nausea.

Augustus thought the babies were playing a prank on them. Trying by all means to keep their family intact. That thought left a warm fuzzy feeling within Augustus. He would place his ear on Magdeline's bulging belly, feeling the babies move inside her. He'd talk to them at times and usually they would go still, which Magdeline was grateful for, especially at night.

The first time Sebastian placed his palm on Magdeline's belly to feel the movement of the babies, they went still for a moment before one decided to kick hard, even Magdeline hiccupped at that vicious kick. She glared at Sebastian while Augustus laughed hysterically. Sebastian swore those babies hated him, but Augustus assured him that they were rather too excited to feel his palm. Magdeline however, became hesitant to let the brunnet near her belly again, but the babies started to be more welcoming, although Magdeline still got a little cranky around the brunnet king.

Augustus came sprinting down the stairs looking extremely worried. Sebastian and Elizabeth quickly got on their feet, alarmed by the look of fear on Augustus' face.

"Something is wrong!" Augustus shouted.

"What do you mean something is wrong?" Sebastian asked, but Elizabeth was already climbing up the stairs heading towards Magdeline's room.

"Maggie is in pain, Seb! She is wailing!" he exclaimed.

Sebastian started up the stairs, Augustus trailing behind. They both barged into the room, but froze by the door, as they hear Magdeline's agonizing screams, her face covered in sweat as she squimers and groans on the bed.

"She's in labor!" Elizabeth informed them. "Call the midwives and Caesar!" she ordered, before getting back to tending Magdeline.

"That explains the storm! A king is being borned!" Sebastian beamed, a huge grin on his face.

Last night the storm just brewed out of nowhere, and has been going at it all day today. It was rare for storms to hit in Larmont but not too alarming.

"We should've known!" Elizabeth scoffed.

"Storm comes when a king is being borned?" Augustus asked, seeming taken aback by this fact.

Sebastian hummed.

"It stormed when my mother gave birth to me. So was the day my dad and grandfather were born. I'm not sure about my great grandfather," the brunnet shrugged. "Don't you get a storm?" he asked.

Augustus shrugged.

"I don't know. All I know is that there was a huge tonardo when I was born," he shrugged once more

Sebastian chuckled, looking rather amused by this piece of information.

"That makes sense. You cause havoc everywhere you go, Gus," he laughed when the dark hair king glared at him.

"Hey!" Elizabeth bellowed. "Can you two flirt after we get your babies out!" she scolded.

Sebastian winced, as he started off the door. He paused, and ran back to peck Augustus' lips, before chuckling and sprinting down the stairs to get the midwives and Caesar who were approximately fifteen minutes away.