Twenty-One

Sebastian has spent most of the week fixing all his affairs. Attending to every prominent task that demanded his attention. The nation has been a bit unruly after hearing the rumors that the prince was banned. But no one was certain on the truthness of this rumor. The brunnet wasn't confirming anything to those who had asked, he just tells them that all will be well as he smiles at them as if all was good. He had to listen to Ronaldino cry about how he didn't wish to be king. But he was the only successor left. Honestly, Sebastian felt sorry for his younger brother. Ronaldino was no king, he was too carefree to be tied down to the throne. But he had showered him with praises, that none of them bought.

"I don't know Sebastian," Augustus spoke, as he looked at the brunnet, file the last bit of papers before leaving the kingdom the next day.

"What don't you know?" he asked, not stopping his work.

"I don't think I can do this. These people need you," he said, and Sebastian just shrugged, tossing the file aside grabbing yet another file and a pile of papers to file. "I don't think we should be together. What if I change my mind. I've always fancied women Seb," he continued.

Sebastian looked at the man, seeing the fear in his eyes. He tilted his head to the side but said nothing.

"I don't want this," Augustus deadpan.

Sebastian sighed, walking a short distance but there was still a lot of distance between the two. He looked at Augustus as if challenging him.

"Then go Augustus," he said.

"What?" Augustus frowned, clearly confused.

"I said go. If that is what you want, go," he shrugged, going back to filing.

"You'll still leave your land, won't you?" Augustus said with a sense of defeat.

"With or without you," he murmered.

Augustus groaned, walking closer to Sebastian. He hooked his arm around the brunnet prince's arm, linking them together. He laid his head on the man's shoulder.

"It wasn't suppose to go like that. You were suppose to hate me and then stay here. Rule your people," he declared.

Sebastian chuckled.

"I know. But you should also know that I wouldn't rule this kingdom without your impeccable brain," he said, kissing the other prince's head.

Augustus smiled, patting the brunnet's arm before leaving him to continue with his final task for the kingdom. From now on, he too was to chose Sebastian over everything. Now that he knew the extent of the other man's love, he too was sure he loved the man just as much if not a tint bit more.

***

With all the work being completed for  at least this annual year, Sebastian and Augustus were now to leave the kingdom. However, the gate to the castle were swamped with the locals protesting for the ruling to be changed. Honestly, Sebastian was flattered by the love they were showering him with. But he just wanted to leave peacefully. The council stood on the side dumbfounded.

"I've decided to leave with you brother!" Ronaldino shouted, holding a luggage case on one hand, his sword slid in his patch around his waist.

"Ronaldino!" Elizabeth gasped, more than just shocked.

"The young prince can't leave. He's the next successor," Gary countered.

"I wish to be no king. Beside, my brother needs my sword skills to survive the wilderness," the young prince said nonchalant.

"He's not going to the wilderness," king Erico countered, which caught everyone's attention. "I've decided to open my kingdom for him to settle," he said.