Two

Sebastian spends most of his time in his study, fumbling through the paperwork. He hated it, but that came with his duties as the next successor in line. His father handled the more important stuffs, while he drew up the budget, resolved the small conflicts amongst villagers, and also responsible for their servants. He hadn't spent one on one time with Hazel, but has interacted with her a couple of times during dinner and this morning around the breakfast table. She was soft spoken, but her silver eyes sparkled brighter as if they held so much. She was pretty, Sebastian had to admit that at least. But other than that, he doubt he and Hazel had much in common. But the gods may surprise him. With that, his heart was still.

Up until Augustus barged into the study without even knocking. Sebastian briefly raised his eyes and sighed, before turning back to his workload.

"Don't be like that brother," Augustus said in a more cheeky tone, as he made his way towards the table.

"How may I help you, Prince Augustus?" Sebastian asked, as his feather scribbled down on the papers, before dipping the tip in the ink and continuing to write.

"You know my brother and his wife have left for Neverland this morning. Someone needs to rule the villagers or else they'll turn into savages," he said, flopping down on the chair.

Sebastian glanced at him again his eyes void of emotions, before turning back to the pile of papers on his desk.

"Is that how you view your people, Prince Augustus? You see them as....savages? That need to be kept on the leash?" he asked.

"It was a joke Seb, why are you so uptight?" he pouted, as he watched the other man work.

"I see..." Sebastian mumbled. "So, how may I be of your service?" he asked once again, ready to get rid of the boy.

"Woah! You are so formal. Is this what my sister will be stuck with all her youth?" the young man chuckled.

"She's marrying a soon to be king. What did you expect?"

Augustus sucked in some air. He wasn't used to being ignored. His presence was too big to be ignored. Not because he was a prince, but because he was just annoying.

"What a pity. Already, I do not approve. But I'll give you time to change my mind," he said.

Sebastian's eyes finally flicked up and locked with his. Augustus smirked, finally he has captured the other prince's attention.

"Change your mind?" Sebastian asked, seeming unsure of where this conversation was going.

"With my brother gone, and my father entertaining your council, I am to spend some time with you. You know? Make sure you're a good candidate for my sister," he announced.

Sebastian laughed mockingly, which annoyed Augustus to no end.

"This isn't about approval young Calabasas. It's about forming an alliance that will benefit both kingdoms. More yours than ours," he clarified for the seeming to be naive prince.

It was no doubt that the Larmont kingdom had more influence and wealth compared to the Neverlands.

"It doesn't mean we would just allow Hazel to marry some prick who won't bother trying to make her happy. You might not love her Rubenstein, but you will respect her and make her happy. Do you understand?" Augustus voice lowered into a dark sneer. His eyes burrowing into Sebastian dark ones.

Sebastian raised his eyebrows, seeming to be more amused than anything else. No one has ever spoke to him like that except his own father.

"I see you have a lot of passion burning inside you. Clearly, you love your sister and for that I'll dismiss this as you just being overprotective than repulsive," he got up, pulling down his long sleeve shirt.