Thirty-one

The next morning was a little tense, as everyone sat around the dining table, having the starting meal of the day. Elizabeth obviously took notice of Carson's empty chair, which broke her soul a little. But she tried to not dwell on it, as she watched the children eat in a daunting silence. She knew she shouldn't be bringing this issue up, but it had to be discussed.

"Maggie sweetie, how is the baby making process going?" she asked.

Everyone gulped, Augustus' grip tightening around his eating utensils.

"Uhm...We'll be seeing Bonnie soon. She'll let us know if we're pregnant," she said.

Elizabeth nodded.

"I was honestly shocked you had agreed to conceive for them. It must be weird carrying a baby of your own ex. But I must give it to you. You're more generous than most..."

Everyone yelped, when Augustus slammed his eating utensils on the table, making the dishes vibrate, before he stomped off the room. You can see the anger burning in his orbs. Sebastian stood up attempting to go after his husband.

"Please...let me," Hazel offered, getting up as Sebastian sat back down.

The red hair knocked softly on the door of the study room Augustus shares with Sebastian. She peered her head through, before walking in and closing the door behind her. Augustus was pressing his palms on the table, his head hanging low.

"Brother," Hazel called out. "What's wrong? Please talk to me," she pleaded softly.

"Maybe it's Karma. Maybe I'm being punished for stealing him from you," he whispered.

Hazel walked closer, and rubbed his back soothingly.

"That's not true Augustus. He loves you..."

"I'm losing him Hazel!" he pulled away from her, glaring down at her. "Everyone knows it! I tried to convince the damn idiot to sleep with you! In that way the alliance wouldn't have broken," he shouted.

Hazel flinched, not just at the tone but the information as well.

"Just because he's sleeping with her it doesn't mean he loves her, Gus," she tried to reason.

"Honestly Hazel, how many time do you think he would sleep with her before he caught feelings?" Augustus questioned sternly, looking into the silver eyes he's always envied.

"No matter how many time I sleep with her, I won't just wake up feeling the kind of love you think I would for her," Sebastian burst in. "What is wrong with you?" he sounded both angry and frustrated.

Hazel sighed, and decided to leave the room, giving the couple some privacy.

"I knew this was going to happen, Sebastian!"

"What?" the brunnet questioned.

"We are drifting apart! I can't look at you without seeing her face," he declared.

"Augustus I'm never going to leave you for her or any woman for that matter," he vowed.

Augustus sighed, perching on the table. He stared at his feet.

"I'm not even worried about you anymore," he muttered.

Sebastian felt panic rise within him, as he walked closer to the man he loved more than life itself.

"What are you saying Augustus?" he asked weakly.

Augustus slowly raised his head, looking into those chocolate eyes he's grown to adore. He gripped the edge of the table on each side of him.