Twenty-eight

While the prince enjoyed being in Neverland, they were aware that they had to go back to Larmont. A new king had to be crowned. Joseph could act as king for a few days, but he couldn't run a kingdom on his own for too long. Joseph was the king's first advisor in hand. He was very intellectual, and valued traveling to other kingdoms and coming back with new ideas to add in Larmont. He was no thief, but an innovative man. He would tweak customs to becoming more valuable in the future.

Queen Elizabeth has chosen to stay in Neverland. She said she was going to help the kingdom implement some of the ideas, and also help the royals improve their relationship with their people. Sebastian didn't protest to that as long as she eventually came back. Ronaldino was more than happy to leave the ice land and come back to their warmth. He had also missed Avery, as much as he found Wyatt's company entertaining. But they also came back with one more person. Hazel Calabasas. She had the wish to learn how to handle a sword and be more like the Larmont women. Augustus was more than happy to have his sister tag along. He still felt responsible for her sense of loss in purpose, but he hoped this would be one way to repay the red hair. The twins wanted to come, but Augustus point blank refused. He knew his cousins wanted to galavant the streets and spread their legs for every man that looked their way. They knew there'd be lack of supervision and could do as they please. If they were to fall pregnant it rather be under their parents' guardiance.

But today, it was the day where Sebastian and Augustus were to be announced as the new generation to rule upon Larmont. It was their coronation day. The council was there, and the locals had gathered in all their numbers to witness this day. Sebastian felt bad his mother wasn't here to witness this moment, but he wasn't too mad at her. He was very nervous. He has known this day was to come but he never thought at just twenty-nine he was to be announced as king. And Augustus was just twenty-six, weren't they too young to rule? But that didn't matter, king Carson had fallen. He had to take over the reigns. For his people.

"I now proclaim you as the king of Lamornt," Joseph declared as he uses the late Carson's sword to tap his shoulders.

Cheers echoed all over the arena. Joseph took the crown that was once worn by king Carson and placed it on his brunnet head. Sebastian felt tears forming. He felt overwhelmed, humbled, and at the same time sad. But he recalled his father telling him about his own coronation ceremony. Every king lost a father in order to become king. He wasn't special, he reminded himself as he watched his husband being announced as his...king? It was unusual since he should be getting his queen, but it was a lovely feeling seeing his husband getting the same crown as him. When they had it made, Sebastian had no clue but he was grateful to the council. Elizabeth still wore her crown, she was still queen though.

The crowd once again cheered when their new kings step forward to acknowledge them. Others were even crying tears of joy, while others threw praises at them. At that moment the two new kings knew how lucky they were to rule such a kingdom, full of love and acceptance.

Speeches were made, people danced, drank and ate. It was a glorious feast. A ball was opened, for people to swing, twirl, and glide. Afterall, it was a royal event. But all good things come to an end, and everyone was extremely exhausted, including the two kings.

Sebastian sighed as he plopped down on the bed.

"Augustus, you do know we still have one more problem to tackle, right?"

Augustus yawned, crawling under the bed covers.

"What?" he asked.

Sebastian turned to look at him, kneeling on the bed and shuffling closer. He took his hand and covered it with his other hand. Augustus knew that whatever this issue was, was bigger than he had thought. Sleep complete evaded his body, as he became more alert.