Chapter 33: Red General

Russia-1938
~

Y/N has been working with the USSR for years now, no longer a servant but rather his right hand in everything. He trusted them in many things. It was a big role, after all.

The generals have heard the news of the Weimar Republic collapsing and the Third Reich taking over, Weimar should still be alive.. right? Soviets told them not to keep their mind on European drama but instead to focus on other things for the country.

Y/N was walking down the halls. The sound of running from the kids echoed, and it gave them a faint smile. Russia and Ukraine must be playing again. It reminds them of when they played with Leopold or Dritte, and Weimar.

Pictures of Imperial Russia or the Russian Empire were taken down in the hallways and were replaced by pictures of the kids or Soviets, sometimes flags hung on the wall.

Y/N met the Russian Empire for the last time. He was wounded and sick. No longer did he die in Y/N's arms when they were humming a melody to him, but he died with a smile.

(*hides*)

Y/N sometimes wished Reich, Hapsburg, or Holy was here to comfort them and tell them, "Everything will be ok." But they're not here because they're long gone, forgotten as well.

Y/N walked into the union's office. They sat down papers on his desk and sat down on a chair next to his and started to go through letters.

Soviet groans at the sight of more paperwork. Luckily, he just finished a stack, but now he has another.

"Oh sir, look! You got a letter from Dritte Reich." Y/N announced they held the letter to the union who took it and started to read it.

"Looks like we'll be having a meeting soon." Soviet grinned, and Y/N looks at the union in confusion. The year was already ending, so maybe something new and exciting might happen for the country.
~
Russia-1939

Y/N sat beside the USSR as the two were being driven down to Berlin for an important meeting with Third Reich. The general was so used to being in a carriage all the time that it felt weird not having horses pulling them. Then again, this was the 20th century.

Y/N leans on something soft and later drifted off to sleep, hoping that their boss would wake them up when they make it to their destination. It was snowing outside, so the one thing they were leaning on was surprisingly warm and comfy, to be honest, comfier than leaning on Gunther.

A few hours went by, and Y/N was out like a light, it makes the Union smile, knowing he was a comfy pillow to his general. It's hard to tell if this person was the same servant who served his father.
~

Soviet shook Y/N's should. They groaned and told him to give them five more minutes.

"Y/N, we're here in Berlin.." Soviet sighed, and Y/N snuggled into the union's jacket.

"Lemme rest..." They mumbled, Soviet hums and decided to pick up Y/N bridal style.

"WHAT THE- SOVIET SIR PUT ME DOWN!" Y/N yelled, Soviet laughed as he got out of the car, still carrying Y/N.

"Look at my little Prince/Princess/Ruler!" Soviet teased. He later let Y/N down, and the general punched their boss' shoulder even if they were a midget compared to him.

Y/N was taking the lead on where to go in the German town, which confused the Soviets a lot. It's like they knew the capital like the back of their hand.

"We're here!" Y/N announced, and they happily waited for the Soviets at the gate entrance of the German mansion.

"How do you know this place so well?" Soviet asked Y/N's smile faded, and they frowned a bit.

"I used to come here." Y/N cleared their throat. The guards opened the gate, and the two walked toward the corridors.

"What do you mean you use to come here???" Soviet questioned. It was more confusing due to him always seeing Y/N at the palace tending to his father's needs.

"It's a long story." Y/N sighed, they softly knocked on the large corridors and waited for them to be opened. The doors revealed none other than Berlin himself, though he looked depressed and tired due to the bags under his eyes.

"You two must be Soviet and Y/N. Please come in and follow me in the meeting room." Berlin greeted. He walked inside with Soviet and Y/N following close behind.

Y/N saw some portraits that they'd never seen. One of them was Prussia and Leopold with another person, though their face was torn off. Another was Reich, Dritte, Weimar, and... Y/N.

Berlin caught Y/N looking at the paintings, and he softly smiled, "You must like my paintings so much, I've worked hard on them to satisfy my past masters."

"Yes, they're indeed beautiful. It would've been nice to meet them.."

Soviet wasn't paying attention to the ongoing conversation. He just wanted to get this over with and meet the man in charge of the country.

"I do surely miss them." Berlin sighed. He frowns a bit, which made Y/N heartache. They were about to comfort him but stopped themselves.

"Anyways, here we are sir Soviet, Third Reich is waiting inside, though I do advise that Y/N stay out to keep him from being distracted by anything else that doesn't involve the plan," Berlin said. He stopped in front of large doors, and he held the doorknob.

"My comrade is coming with me whether you like it or not," Soviet growled. It didn't faze the capital, but more like... irritated him a bit.

"Sir Soviet your 'comrade' will be fine, I assure you that nothing bad will happen. Now there's no time to bicker with me and keep my master waiting, I wouldn't want him to have my head." Berlin argued. He swiftly opened the doors and gestured for the Soviets to go inside. Though again, the union was about to argue with the capital but stopped himself, he looked at Y/N before going inside the meeting room.

Berlin closed the doors and walked down the halls, Y/N hesitated on following him due to his new.... mood. Y/N decided to spike up a conversation since the atmosphere was thick without the Soviets around.

"So I heard Third Reich had a brother! What happened to him..?" Y/N asked, and they walked beside the capital and gave him a soft smile.

Berlin stopped walking, he looks down at the floor and cleared his throat. "He's in a better place... that's all."

"Oh... I'm so sorry for your loss.." Y/N apologize, Berlin sighed and continued walking with Y/N beside him.

"Where are we going exactly..?"

"Kids, West and East, are my responsibilities along with paperwork. Third, refuse to do it. I swear if Re-... German Empire was here he would beat the boy's ass..." Berlin groans, the two stopped, and Y/N saw the two German kids running around chasing each other.

"Awww, they're cute!"

"Pain in my ass is what they are..." Berlin mumbles.

"They can't be that bad."

Berlin gave Y/N a look before going into the room to deal with the twins. Y/N shrugged and decided to help the capital out.