Chapter 25: Empty Patterns

Germany-1794
~

"Russia was also supposed to be here, but I guess he's forgotten," Hapsburg complained. He had his arms crossed, and he pouted like a five-year-old.

"I almost forgot about our meeting due to France's behavior lately." Britain sighed. He took a sip of his tea, and Prussia grinned before talking to his pal.

"Oh, right! The revolution! Didn't you go through something like that 'Great Britain'?" Prussia questioned. He had a mocking tone at the end, which ticked off the British Empire a bit, but he remained calm.

"Yes, I did, and I refuse to talk about it. They're just rotten rubbish citizens." Britain growled at the kingdom next to him.

"The thing is, would it be a problem if the idea comes to our people..?" Spain asked. He nervously looked at his allies, wanting an answer from them.

Hapsburg laughed before answering the question, "Of course not! I'm sure the 'rebellion would die down soon."

After a while of the countries discussed for a while, Y/N just started to wonder... why are they here exactly...? They haven't done anything wrong... right? The tired duke slowly closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep, only hearing the faint sounds of the countries.
~

Y/N shot up awake, and they look around to see that they aren't exactly in their room but rather.. a guest room? Their eyes laid down at the nightstand, which held a note on there. They grabbed the note and read it.

'Meet me at the ballroom when you wake up. ;)
-your favorite kingdom in Europe'

Oh, brother.. it's Prussia. Sure, the two have gotten through their differences and haven't talked about 'the conquering'. Berlin stayed true to his word, Holy never knew about the whole conquering thing. And that should be a good thing. It would hurt Holy to know that his trust was broken.

Y/N rolled off the bed. They fell on the ground, making a thump, and lazily got off the ground. They went through the wardrobe and saw an outfit that would suit them, a (2ndf/c) jacket with golden patterns on them.

Y/N combed their hair and walked out of the guest room. The door creaks as they shut it, which made them anxious. Even though no one else sleeps by the guest rooms, it could wake up Holy or Berlin.

They carefully walked down the halls, and almost every step they took the floor created a creak, which irritated them. Y/N hasn't realized how much the floors creaked until now, tbh it sounds like an elk call only a bit quieter.

The duke finally made it downstairs, and at the entrance of the ballroom, they carefully opened the corridors and closed them once Y/N got inside.

Y/N saw Prussia in the middle of the room with the moonlight shining through the big windows. He was currently humming a song as he waited for the duke. They cleared their throat to catch the kingdom's attention, which they did, Prussia looked over at Y/N and smiled.

"I'm glad you made it. We never got to dance other than the time at your party!" Prussia bragged. He made his way to the duke and wrapped his arms around them. "I never thought I would be so attached to someone like you. It's like you cast a spell on my heart."

"Surely I didn't, maybe it's because of my charm." Y/N joked. They moved away from Prussia and smiled at him.

"Or maybe it's because you're more exotic than anyone I've ever met." Prussia grinned. He snapped his fingers, and music started playing. Berlin must've stayed up to assist Prussia's fun, I wonder how many begs it took for the capital to cave in.

"May I have this dance?" Prussia asked. He pulled out his hand and waited for the duke.

Y/N smiled more and hummed, "I don't know, can you..?"

Prussia playfully rolled his eyes, Y/N took his hand, and the two danced together in the dark moonlit ballroom. Prussian flags hung on the wall, and nothing but soothing music played, Prussia and Y/N danced like there was no tomorrow. With twirls and twists, him having his hands on their waist from time to time.

This went on for 45 or more minutes until it stopped, Y/N was catching their breath until a slight pain was felt at their neck... a similar pain. They looked over to see Prussia giving the duke a hickey. He pulled away and smiled.

"What was that for???" Y/N questioned. They pushed the kingdom away slightly, which made him chuckle a bit.

"My dear, I was just simply claiming you differently. I do trust you, yes, but I have to make sure everyone knows that you belong to the Kingdom. After all, you are my Duke, and I suspect the best from you, and after the whole thing with the polish.. well, I had to be sure that nothing went wrong.." Prussia announced. It made Y/N shiver but then again made them blush. He's crazy but.. they kinda liked it? They're not sure maybe it's the lack of sleep that's messing with their brain.

"I promise to keep you happy meine liebe~," Prussia vowed as he kissed the duke's forehead. Y/N smiled and hugged him tightly, the kingdom hugged back, and the music faded away.
~

He wouldn't break that promise... right?