Chapter 1: Butlers and maids

Russia- 1914

Y/N felt Whirl's gloved claws pulling away from their eyes. They opened their eyes and saw that they weren't in their apartment anymore but instead an elegant hallway with tall windows with beautiful red curtains.

"Whirl?! Where am I-" Y/N paused as they didn't see the tall demon anywhere. It's like he disappeared after letting them go. Y/N felt someone put their hand on their shoulder.
They turned around and saw a young maid with brunette braided hair and pale skin. She had light brown eyes that shimmer from the light of the elegant hallways.

"Y/N, what are you doing with those common clothes??? If the master saw you, then you'll get fired on your first day!" She said. Y/N sweated nervously, and they looked down to see that they were wearing ragged and dirty dress/ shirt and pants.

The maid grabbed Y/N's hand and dragged them towards the changing room. She gave Y/N fresh maid/butler clothes and closed the door behind Y/N.
.
.
.
.
"U h" Y/N stood there confused, and they stared at the clothes they were given.
"Well, might as well get into some clean clothes then."
Y/N took off their ragged and dirty clothes and put on their new clothes. Once they were done, Y/N stepped outside the room. They saw the same brunette waiting for the young man/lady/person. Y/N walked towards her, "Hey, I didn't get your name."

The maid giggled, and her light brown eyes stared at Y/N's e/c eyes.
"Silly, I already told you! It's Karina," She answered, "I just found you out on the streets. You're lucky to have an honorable job here."

The two of you saw other maids and butlers walking down another hallway. Karina grabbed Y/N's wrist, "Let's go before we're late!" The brunette said. The two ran towards the other maids and butlers, and all of them went in a line. Y/N stood beside Karina, standing tall and having their hands behind their back.

The room was silent until the sound of footsteps came towards the room and the large doors open. Soldiers came in and stood in front of all the maids and butlers.

"Behold the holy and strongest empire before you! Russian Empire!" One of the soldiers said. Everyone got tensed once the country stepped into the room.  The empire stood beside the two soldiers and gazed at every maid and butlers. His eyes laid on your short/tall frame. He then clears his throat and starts talking to everyone.

"I fear this war wouldn't end soon, so! You all will be cleaning messes of weapons and supplies the soldiers here used. Other than that, you will continue doing your regular duties." The Russian Empire said. He then walked out of the room with the soldiers behind him.

Everyone went off to do their duties. Karina and Y/N were left in the room alone. "So what am I going to do first?" Y/N asked, Karina looked over at them and smiled. She went off, and Y/N followed her.

Karina stopped at a room, and she opened the door, revealing a big office. Covered with bookshelves, a big desk with paperwork and books everywhere, and the window was closed off with the curtains. This must've been Russian Empire's office.

"You can start from here. If you need any help, I'll be in the kitchen preparing dinner." Karina said. She gently closed the door behind Y/N, and she left with her light footsteps fading and echoing in the halls.

Y/N walked to the covered window and moved the curtains to the holders. Letting light enter the room. Y/N started organizing and cleaning the desk. Putting books and papers away gently. The doors opened, and Y/N saw that the Russian Empire came in, his eyes squinting at the light Y/N let in.

He saw the butler/maid cleaning his office. He decided not to disturb you, and he sat at his desk and went back to work, finding that his papers were organized by dates. The country started working, and sometimes, he watched the young butler/maid cleaning his office. Y/N moved the pictures and even organized the books on the shelves. It scared Y/N that they knew what they read even though they never really knew the language.

"Thank you, Y/N. When Karina told me that she brought a new butler/maid, I wasn't sure you'd do something like this. I'll be honest I'm impressed." The empire said, his calm voice and accent making the maid/butler blush.

"I promise to continue doing my job, sir." Y/N managed to say in Russian, it shocks them. How can they know a language they never knew? What is going on?

The empire smiled and went back to work. Y/N left the office and went off to look for Karina. Their cheeks were read from hearing the countries voice. They tried to keep their mind off of them. They have duties to attend to.

That's when Y/N paused and saw Serbian soldiers in elegant living rooms. Serbia wad among them, the smell of smoke and the mess they left. Y/N hesitated.