Chapter 20

Billie's POV

"Of course not." The nurse smiled at me. "Is she like...your girlfriend?" She asked. "Um I- yea- well we haven't really asked each other yet, but that's what we call each other if someone were to ask." I said.

She nodded in understanding. Leilani started to wake up and I quickly got up. She groaned and opened her eyes. "Ow." She mumbled as she tried to sit up. "Take it easy hun." The nurse said. She looked up and her eyes met mine. 

She looked down as she sat up. "I'm going to be right back, I need more bandages." The nurse said.

Leilani's POV

I played with my rings as billie just stared at me. "Lei?" She whispered. I didn't say anything. I didn't want to say anything, what if she says she hates my body and doesn't want to be with me anymore. 

What if Ava was right, maybe I should just kill myself. Billie cleared her throat and came into my view. "Hey..." She whispered. My eyes watered, maybe I should just go jump off a bridge, it's clear no one loves me anymore. 

She grabbed my face gently and made me look at her. I winced in pain as she touched one of my bruises. She let go and then looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "I'm so sorry that this happened to you." She whispered. 

I just looked back down. "I get it if you wanna break up with me." I mumbled as a tear ran down my eye. "What?" She whispered. "Baby no, I don't want to break up with you." She said reassuringly. I looked up at her and furrowed my eyebrows. 

"You don't?" I said quietly. "No baby of course not, those cuts do not define you, and to me your body is perfect." She said. I crossed my arms over my stomach self-consciously. "You're perfect baby, please don't believe anything Ava says." She says.

I just looked down and nodded. "We could go home if you like." She said. I nodded. "Alright." She said. "I'm going to go get our stuff, you wait for the nurse." I nodded as she walked out. The nurse came back in a few minutes after billie left with Ava. 

I quickly got up wincing in pain as I sat back down. "Leilani sweetie take it easy, walking is probably a bad choice right now." She said. I nodded as I became a little light headed. Billie came back in a few minutes later and walked past Ava.

She picked me up and I wrapped my legs around her. It was painful for her to carry me, but It was more painful to walk. She put me in her car gently and jogged over to the driver side. She got in and looked over to me.

"Don't hurt yourself Lei." She said as she grabbed  my hands. I looked down and saw that I was digging my nails into the palm of my hand...hard. "I-I'm sorry I didn't-." She cut me off. "It's ok. Just please, you don't deserve to kill yourself." She said. 

"What if I do though?" I whispered out. She sighed and turned her whole body towards me. "You do NOT deserve to die Leilani and I'm being serious right now, I'm not dismissing it or anything, I'm right here and I'm talking to you now, I'm not going anywhere and I'm not going to let you kill yourself." She said softly.

I just looked down as tears ran down my cheeks. I just turned towards the window as she sighed and started the car. 

__

Billie's POV

We made it home like 2 hours ago and leilani has just been laying in bed. She hasn't even moved, not even to go to the bathroom or stretch. Right now I'm going to try and see if she'll eat anything. 

I walk up the stairs to my room and push open the door gently. There she was just laying there not moving. Honestly it looked like she was dead and that's scary for me. "Lei baby." I said softly.

She still didn't move, but she hummed in response. "Um I got food, I really think you should eat since you didn't get a chance to at lunch ya' know." I said as I sat the plate of food on the nightstand. 

She opened her eyes and looked dead into my eyes. Kind of intimidated me. "I'm not hungry." She said plainly. "But lei-." She cut me off. "Save it billie I said I'm not hungry." She snapped. I was shocked at first. 

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I-I'm sorry for snapping at you like that, I just- it's really getting to me of what she said." She said. 

I sigh and walk over to the bed. I lay down and face her while wrapping one arm around her. "I know you didn't mean it baby, and I understand that, but you have to understand that I'm just trying to help you." I said as I kissed her nose.

She smiled softly and I smiled. "There's that beautiful smile." I cooed. She pushed my hand away and giggled. "Stopppp." She said. "You make me so happy billie." She said. "You make me happy too." I smiled. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" She asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n- Sorry for mistakes, stay safe. Love you.!

901 words