Chapter 19

Leilani's POV

A week later

Today is the first day that Billie was going to go back to school. I was really dreading this day because I didn't want her to know that Ava and her little 'crew' have been bullying me. "Lei?" Billie said.

I hummed in response after getting out of my thoughts. "You ok? You've been nervous ever since we woke up. I should be the nervous one." She said. "I-I know I guess I'm just nervous for you." I lied. 

"Your lying, I don't like when you lie to me." She said sadly. I sighed I knew she was right. I just couldn't bring myself to tell her. "Billie it's nothing really." I lied again. She looked down and played with her rings. 

"I hate when you lie to me." She said lowly as her eyes went slightly darker. "I'm...gonna go wait in finneas's room." She mumbled before walking out. I sighed and sat on her bed. I wanted to tell her, but I don't know how she would react.

What of she beats Ava up? I don't like seeing billie fight. Yes she can be intimidating to the outside world, but to me when were alone she's very soft. I heard a knock on the door and finneas opened it. 

"Hey ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and followed him to the car.

__

It was now our second period of school and billie's been ignoring me all day. I tried talking to her but she just walked away from me. I finally gave up and just decided to give her some space. The bell rung meaning it was our lunch time.

I was going to go to the bathroom and just wait it out seeing as billie is upset with me and me and zoey aren't on the best of terms right now. I walked in the bathroom and began to cry. The door opened and I saw Ava and her little group.

"Oh hey freak." Ava said. Her friends laughed and I just looked down. "Where is billie now?" She asked. I stayed quiet wiping the tears that were on my face. Trust me if I could fight her I would, but I don't want to get jumped.

She pushed me against a wall and I whimpered as I fell to the ground. "I asked you a question." She said as she picked me up by my shirt. "I-I'm sorry." I cried out as my anxiety was rising slowly. 

"Hold her." She said. "Wait n-no." I said as I tried to get away. She punched me in my stomach and I cried. She punched me in my face and kept hitting me over and over. It reminded me of my mom from that night. 

I wasn't crying, well tears was still rolling down my cheeks. Blood spilled out of my mouth as her friends let me go and I fell to the ground. She grabbed me by my hair and I winced in pain. Her friends started taking my shirt and pants off and I pleaded for them to stop.

"Lets show billie how you really look." Ava whispered. All of my cuts were on my legs, and I didn't really like my body. she dragged me to the lunchroom and pulled me up by my hair as she got everyone's attention.

Billie's POV

I wasn't talking to Lei, but truth be told I was scared of everyone. Anything could happen at anytime and I've been paranoid ever since we arrived. Leilani didn't come to lunch and I was questioning it until I saw Ava and her friends getting everyone's attention.

I pushed past people and there was leilani. With just a bra and panties on. My eyes widened, she was crying and blood was everywhere. I looked down and saw cuts all over her thighs. How come I didn't notice these when we took a bath.

Her hands were covering her body as she sobbed. I felt my rage spread through my body as Ava began to talk. "Billie! Just the person we were looking for. You really want this thing? Look at her, she's fat and doesn't even look pretty. And the cuts she's obviously suicidal. Maybe you should kill yourself lei." She said.

I lost it. "Stop!" I yelled. I blacked out and ran towards her and tackled her as I started punching her over and over again. Tears ran down my cheeks as I continued to punch her. No one was supposed to see her body but me. I continued to punch her until a teacher pulled me off.

"Let go of me!" I yelled. "Please let go." I cried out as I broke down. I had to make sure leilani was ok. I saw the nurse taking her out of the lunchroom and then I tried to go towards her but the teacher pulled me back.

"P-please can I just make sure she's ok." I cried out. "You can see her after billie." He said sadly and took me to the office. "No I have to see her now, s-she has anxiety I have to make sure she's ok." I cried as he closed and locked the door.

I cried as I slid down a wall. I should've just talked to her, I should've been by her side. The door opened and I saw the principal. "Billie." He said as I saw Ava. Everything went to the back of my mind as I got up and tried to punch her again, but a security guard grabbed me.

I saw her scared and shaking. Blood was coming out of her nose and she had a busted lip. Along with a black eye. The security guard grabbed my wrist and I immediately got a flashback.  Let me go!" I yelled.

"Woah chill." He said. "P-please let go." I cried. He let go but tried to hold me again but I backed away. "Don't...touch me please." I mumbled. He nodded and stood at a good distance from me making sure I don't get past. 

"Someone explain what happened." The principal said. "S-she embarrassed my friend a-and even beat her up and took her clothes and said that she should kill herself in front of everyone at lunch." I said as I stared at her getting angry all over again.

"Is this true Ava?" He asked her. "I-." I cut her off. "If you lie I swear I will do worse." I said. "Billie." The principal said. "Is this true?" He asked again. "Yes." She mumbled scared. "Why?" He asked. "I- I just thought that since she was weak that I could pick on her." She said as she looked at me briefly.

"Alright, Ava suspended for 15 days, and billie your suspended for 3 days." He said. "What n-no my mom would kill me." Ava said. "Sorry it's consequences to what you do Ava." He said and dismisses us.

The security guard escorted me back to the lunchroom. "Do you think you could take me to see Leilani." I asked the security guard. He nodded and escorted me to the nurse's office. I took a deep breath before I walked in.

I saw leilani laying on the little bed and the nurse cleaning the cuts that was on her face. "oh billie, how can I help you?" She asked. "Um I just wanted to see if she was ok." I said. She now had on a baggy white shirt with some grey sweatpants.

Her eyes were closed and I was kind of worried. "Is she ok?" I asked. "She is um unconscious due to the stress, but she is perfectly fine, just a couple of bruises and cuts, but she's ok." I nodded and sat on the little chair. 

"Mind if I wait in here?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n- Sorry for mistakes, stay safe. Love you.!

1288 words