Chapter 1

Leilani's POV

Hi my name is Leilani and my life is kind of interesting. I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school. I don't really socialize much, but I would like to. It's just I have anxiety and I always think the worse of things, so every time I open my mouth to say something nothing comes out and I end up looking stupid.

I do have one best friend though, her name is Zoey. She's the most sweetest person I know besides my mom and dad. She was always there for me, she saw me struggling to try and speak to people and she came up to me and started a conversation. 

I hope we have a lot of classes together this year, right it's the first day of senior year. "Lei cmon your going to be late!" My dad yelled. "Coming." I took a deep breath in and grabbed my bookbag before walking out of my room and meeting my dad in the car.

"What took you so long, I gotta get to work soon." He said a bit angrily. "Sorry." I mumbled as I sunk into my seat. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't mean to be so harsh Lei, but don't let it happen again." He said as he pulled out of the driveway.

My dad is pretty cool, a little overprotective but cool. Soon we arrived at the school I call hell. "Alright mija have a great first day." He said. "Ok I will, see you later dad." I yelled as I walked away from the car. 

I took a deep breath and hung my head low as I began to walk inside the school. I saw so many new students and some kids that were already here. My breathing became a little uneven as my brain thought that everyone was judging me. 

I was so in my thoughts that I bumped into someone. "oh I'm s-sorry I didn't-." The mysterious girl cut me off. "No your good." she rasped out. I looked up and it was a blue eyed girl with silver hair. 

She stared at me for a moment and I started to feel a little bit insecure. How could I not she's gorgeous. "Leilani!" I quickly snapped my head towards who was calling my name. It was Zoey.

"Um see you around I guess." I said to the unknown girl. "See you around Leilani." She smirked and walked away. I was slightly stunned that she used my name, but quickly composed myself as Zoey hugged me.

"Hey bitch, how was your summer. "It was ok, I got to spend time with my family." I shrugged as we got in line to get our schedules. "I hope we have the same classes." Zoey said. "Yeah me too, if we don't I don't know what I'm going to do." I sighed.

"Hey I'm sure you'll get through it if we do have different classes." she smiled. I gave her a small smile before moving up since it was my turn. "Name." The lady said. "U-uh m-my name-." Zoey cut me off.

"Her name's Leilani, Leilani Walker." She said. I looked down embarrassed that I couldn't even say my own name. "Right, well here you go enjoy the school year." She said and handed me my schedule.

I let out a quiet thank you before moving over so I could wait for Zoey. For some reason I couldn't get that girl out of my mind. I've never seen her around before so she must be new. Or she's like me and doesn't like to be noticed. 

"Lei!" Zoey said. "Oh sorry what?" I asked. "I said let me see your schedule as we walk to our lockers." She said and held her hand out. "Oh right sorry." I said and handed her my now folded up schedule. 

We began to walk to our lockers and I saw her expression go from excited to sad. I opened my locker and put all my stuff in. "What is it?" I asked. She handed me my schedule and began to open her locker.

"Um we only have 3 classes together." She mumbled sadly. Panic went through my body as she said that. "W-what no, w-we have to have more." I said. "Hey calm down, everything will be fine. Try to make friends." She said as she hugged me and walked to her first period. 

I grabbed my books and walked to my first period, African American History. I sighed as I opened the door and walked in the class and sat all the way in the back. A few minutes into class the door swung open with the same girl I bumped into earlier.

"Your late." The teacher said. "Isn't that obvious." She said with attitude. The teacher sighed and took her late pass. "Sit next to...Ms. Walker please." He said. "Who's that?" She asked. I shyly raised my hand and I could've sworn I saw her smile.

"No problemo teach." She said as she came and sat next to me. The teacher began to teach and I wrote down notes. truth be told I'm actually like a genius. The bell rung after a few minutes and we were off to our second period, which for me is math.

I had this class with Zoey so I was kind of excited. "Hey." I turn around as I felt someone tapping me. It was the same girl. "You uh left your notebook." She said as she held out my blue covered notebook.

"O-oh uh t-thanks." I mumbled shyly before turning on my heels and walking away. I walked downstairs to room 102 and sat down. Zoey came in a few seconds after and sat by me as she smiled. 

"Ok so me and Kaden have been hitting it off." She said excitedly. "Really, that's nice." I said. "Yea I know right." She giggled. "Alright settle down class." The teacher said. We all got quiet and I took out my notebook. 

The door swung open and there reveled the girl I saw in my first period. "Sorry I'm late." She mumbled before handing the teacher her late pass and coming to sit by me. 

__

It's now 8th period and everyone is transitioning. so far that mysterious girl has every class with me. As I was walking to room 103 I bumped into someone making them drop their things. And before I can spit out an apology the girl starts talking.

"You freak, watch where you're going next time." She spat. I became a little scarred as I stared down at my feet with my books clutched to my chest. "I-I'm sorry." I mumbled. "Yeah whatever I think you did it on purpose." She said.

"n-no I-" She cut me off. "I'll show you what a real push is like." By this time everyone was in a circle and had their phones out.

I'm in deep shit...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Hello welcome back if you read my other stories, and if your new welcome my name is chania but I prefer nia. How do you guys like the first chapter? Sorry for mistakes stay safe. Love you.! 

1205 words