16. Strangers Now

Pairing: Klaus/Damon-Stefan (M/mm) hand

Prompt: tvdstefdam 
I was thinking about what if Stefan or Damon or both act out during church and they are taken to the bathroom to get their bare behinds tanned?

Sunday, July 1, 1855

Mikaelson Guest House

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Boys' Room

Elijah's application of the switch on Kol and Marcel did more than they wanted to admit to hasten their conciliation. Elijah's words had stung Kol because they were true. He was older and should not try to aggravate Marcellus so, he admitted to himself as he looked through his box of dark objects. After they were back in their own room, Marcel had returned the dark objects to him. He had hid them in a loose floorboard that Kol had not known about. They laughed a little about how hard Elijah had been on them and Marcel did admit that Kol got it worse. Kol recalled the look of fear earlier on Damon's face when Kol was fighting with Marcel and felt truly sorry. He told Marcel he would not say anything about him and Rebekah.

Kol also said he would admit to his older siblings about the dark objects...the more Kol thought about it, the more he realized it could be dangerous for Damon to be involved. Now that Finn was awakened, Kol felt their world shift. Nik could influence Elijah, but not Finn. Kol felt safer than he had felt in centuries. It seemed hard to believe that Finn had ever been daggered in the first place and for so long.

"Kol, I have been calling you! What are you doing playing in that box?" Rebekah scolded.

"Oh, this is not just a box, Sister. It is a lot more than that. Is it supper already?" Kol asked shutting the chest of dark objects.

"Is that a crown?" Rebekah asked. Kol frowned and made sure he locked the box carefully.

"Aye, one that will drive you to madness. Let us sup. It is our last night in this little hovel. Are you happy here, Sister?" Kol said taking her arm.

"I am, Kol. I do not miss the drama of New Orleans, the politics, the scheming covens, the brutal wolves, and the dens of vampires trying to curry favor. The humans were little better, so greedy. Maybe I do miss the fashions and the parties, but Elijah hardly let me go. Here, it is calmer and so much quieter," Rebekah mused. Right at that moment, they heard a horrific crash. Rebekah and Kol vamped downstairs.

Dining Room

Klaus looked at the mess of the roasted chicken on the floor and muttered, "Bloody hell."

Stefan cringed and put the small metal revolver behind his back. He had clicked it at Jennet and startled her badly as she came out to serve. That caused her to drop the platter.

"Beggin' your pardon! Oh what a mess!" Jennet cried.

Rebekah went over to help her, "It is not your fault."

Marcel frowned, "Is that my old toy gun? Where did you find that?"

"It was in a chest of toys on the wagon to go to the new house...," Stefan said in a small voice.

Elijah stood, "Were you supposed to be digging through the things to go to the new house, young sir? That was Marcel's toy when he was a child and that click is very loud. Jennet is lucky she did not have a heart attack."

Stefan began to cry and gave the metal toy to Marcel who took it and smiled at Klaus.

"I bought Marcellus that gun the first week he was with it. It scared the hell out of him, too. Come now, Stefan. It was an accident. Come sit with me, we will salvage supper somehow," Klaus smiled pulling Stefan onto his lap.