Lookout Towers

After our marriage Yuan came to Lanlingjin. But, he regularly visited Gusu as he continued teaching disciples there.

He gets up at 5am. And, I even after spending entire day and night with him, I still sleep till late dreaming about him. Life has been very colorful with him in my life. He reads more books than me, he likes to learn and try new things. We must have tried almost all positions from all the books. He tries new cuisines and I am his Ginny pig. He has made Lanlingjin more beautiful with his paintings. Infact more than his own daughter Nei Huisang has started liking Yuan more. Sometimes both of them spend their time painting hand fans.

Today, I and Wu Xin are going to Gusu. Yuan has been there for a week and I have started missing him so much.

On reaching there I saw him talking to Jingyi. Even after so many years of our marriage I still feel annoyed to see them together. It is only him except me who calls him Yuan which I dont like. As usual I barged in between them when they were talking.

Yuan placed his hand on my waist and I felt his fingers were moving. He was tickling me.

Lan Sizhui - "Jingyi, we will meet you at lunch table".

We both went to his room and he started tickling me again. Getting irritated I asked him "Isnt there any rule in Gusu forbidding ticking?".

Cupping my cheeks he said, "Lan Qiren wanted to gift something to Hanguang-Jun and Wei Wuxian before leaving the mortal realm. So, he made 4001th rule which stated you can skip rule no 10, 51, 72, 101, 210, 211, 212, 215, 222" with his continued list he realised I was not getting it "There are many rules which can be skipped when you are with your significant other. Basically many rule are not applicable when you are with your lover". Biting my ears he whispered "Like you are not allowed to roam inside campus or go out after 9pm. But, that doesn't necessarily say that you are supposed to sleep at 9pm". My eyes widened with his selection of example and I knew Yuan was in a different mood.

This time I tickled him back and we both fell on bed laughing. Removing my hair that fell on my face he kissed my jaw moving downwards kissing my neck.

As he snaked his hands inside my robes there came a sweet voice from behind. "Chijui". It was Lan Ai, Jingyi's daughter. She is more closer to Sizhui than Jingyi. Straightening our clothes,  we immediately got up from bed.

After Jingyi's marriage he was blessed with two children, Lan Bai and Lan Ai. Both of them are very close to Yuan. Wu Xin and Nei Yanyi were also blessed with twins, Jin Jian and Jin Qiang. We also thought of adopting a child and completing our family. The child we adopted, later Wu Xin informed that his parent tricked us as he wanted to extort money considering our child will be lone heir either to Lanlingjin or Yunmeng. It was a very bad phase especially for Yuan. Later, we both mutually decided that we wont be adopting any child. Wu Xin had offered that we can adopt one of his child but Sizhui reponded saying, "The only difference is that it will be imprinted on papers. We are a family and we all live together. They are my children as well and we dont need to put it on papers proving it".

Yuan was still playing with Lan Ai. They looked adorable with each other. Picking up Lan Ai, I gave her a peck on her cheek. "Why are you here?"

"Jin Lin, lunch is ready".

Clasping my hands with Yuan and carrying Ai on other, we proceeded for lunch.

It was not only Yuan why I am in Gusu today. I had to discuss a trivial matter with Hanguang-Jun and Wei Wuxian.

During the last discussion conference I had raised my wish to complete Uncle Yao's unfinished project of building pending 3000 lookout towers. But many cultivators opposed it. It was uncle Jiang who told me to drop the matter then. However, as next conference was lined up in few months, I wanted to discuss it with Hanguang-Jun and Wei Wuxian knowing their views.

Hanguang-Jun and Wei Wuxian supported saying they are with me.

Wu Xin - "I tried to gather few information to understand the hindrances. It seems Laoling Qin clan are the one who are creating opposition ".

Wei Wuxian - "If they are meeting individual sects then we should also do the same. Meet each of the sects and convince them on benefits of having lookout towers".

Wu Xin remained in Lanlingjin and it was Lan Sizhui who accompanied me meeting different sects. Most of the clans sent their children's to Gusu for training. By now, Yuan was one of the most respected and reknown in field of medicine. Having him with me was my biggest strength right now. As it is having him with me have always been my biggest strength.

On our way we gathered information from locals of troubles faced by demons or corpses. He also asked them did existing lookout towers were helpful to them. Collating all the information together we tried to convince sect leaders understand the importance of having lookout towers.

My life has been jumbled pieces of puzzle with few pieces missing in them. It is him who always fixes it, who has proved to be the missing piece of puzzle which I always searched.

Almost all the sects were convinced except Laoling Qin clan. The only reason they were opposing because this was uncle Yao's ambition. The sect leaders son is also trained from Gusu. So, Yuan knows them well.

I and Yuan visited Laoling Qin clan. The clan leader welcomed us. It has been awkward visiting them after aunt Su's death. Yuan understood my discomfort immediately from body posture. I was about to leave even without initiating the discussion when Yuan said "Why dont you take a tour of clan? I shall be here with the sect leader".

When I returned the clan leader said he has no issues with the construction of lookout towers. We have his support.

On our way back, I was curious to know what did Yuan actually tell him which made him change his mind.

Lan Sizhui winked. "Believe me. I am a good teacher. If my students dont understand things then I have my ways to make them understand".

I was clueless. "What did he offer?". I stopped walking and sat on ground.

"Sizhui, I wont go ahead until you tell me".

He couldn't stop laughing looking at me.

"Seriously?"

"Yes"

"Okay. Promise me, you wont get angry".

Taking a seat beside me he continued. "I know you wont like it. You always loved Jin Guangyao. But, our intention of visiting there was for greater good. He opposed it only because it was your uncle's ambition. I tried to explain him in words which he wanted to hear. Years back there was rumor of someone tried to open tomb of Nie Mingue and Jin Guangyao. Even today, people passing by say they hear weird sounds and have witnessed some strange movements in that area. Even Jin Guangyao's secret room was investigated in search of Yin iron. If someone actually finds Yin iron and starts conspiring then with these lookout towers we can find out strange events happening, atrocities created by corpses. I told him about our experience in Yi City, how everyone of us misunderstood Xioxingchen. If any smaller sect doesn't have enough money then it has been Lanlingjin and it will always be Lanlingjin supporting the expenses of lookout towers in those sects. He was convinced only when I told him the biggest fear for cultivation sect today is ferocious corpses like Jin Guangyao and Nie Mingue and we should do everything to keep these demons grounded. The more I cursed Lianfan-Jun the more he was convinced. I am sorry. This is not what I feel for Meng Yao. Its only that I had no other option".

I kissed him on his lips. "You did the right thing. You always do the right thing".

As soon as I got up he removed the dust from my clothes patting my ass. Even today I felt same jitters which I felt years back when he patted dust from my ass when we were seated in Yunmeng.