Unveiling Truth - Part 3

At this moment someone was banging the door loudly as if they will crash in any moment. A black figure was thrown from outside which dashed the Guanyin statue. It was Wen Ning.

Another tall figure was standing on entrance of the door surrounded by resentful energy. I could feel uncle's hand trembling. I was scared if he loses control then I might lose my life. I closed my eyes. At this precise moment I heard a loud scream, wetness on my skin and someone pulled me away from Uncle Yao. When I opened my eyes my clothes were soaked in blood. I touched my face and it was covered with blood too. I was freezed at that moment when I saw Hanguang-Jun peeling fingers from my palm. It was a broken hand. My mind took time to register it was Uncle Yao's broken hand. Hugging me tight, Wei Wuxian checked for any wounds. I was still not responding as I was finding it difficult to sink in what I saw at this moment. He pushed me to Jiang uncle when I came back to my senses. Looking at Hanguang-Jun I thanked him for saving my life.

Clutching tight Jiang uncle's arms, I asked"Who is that tall figure?"

"He is Nie Mingue". Nie Mingue, Lan Xichen and uncle Yao were sworn brothers. This is all that I know about him. But why was his sworn brother so furious at him? In fact if anyone with whom uncle Yao would have been polite and respectable today than it is definitely his sworn brother Lan Xichen. Then what on the earth did happen between him and his other sworn brother. Many mysteries did get resolved today but there were many queries which remained unanswered for me.

All cultivators of Lanlingjin sect were busy fighting with Nie Mingue saving their sect leader. Uncle was trying to apply medicine where he lost his hand. As he had lost his one hand and the other was already injured he was finding it quite difficult to treat himself. Jiang uncle held my hands tight and looked at me with an angry gaze warning me to not take any step where I will endanger myself again. Sushe might be disgusting but one thing we all realized today was his loyalty towards uncle. He tore his own clothes and used it as bandage on uncle.

Wei Wuxian and Hanguang-Jun stood as a barricade in front of me having a conversation with Wen Ning.

Wen Ning - "I was searching for Lan Wangji when I saw Nie Mingue roaming on streets. I tried to stop him with the best way possible but was unable to do so."

When Hanguang-Jun and Wei Wuxian were talking with Wen Ning, I noticed Sushe was trying to escape carrying uncle on his back. Seeing some movement Nie Mingue fastened his steps towards them. Without much thought I shouted "Uncle Run". As soon as the words left from my mouth Jiang uncle hit me hard on back of my head. "Jin Ling, Shut up"

I realized I have not saved uncle rather dug my own grave. Nie Mingue changed his direction walking towards me. With shivering hands, I unsheathed my Suihua for defense and uncle pushed me behind him, hiding me. Hanguang-Jun attacked him with Bichen but as soon as Nie Mingue tried to grab it Hanguang-Jun immediately pulled it and put it back in its scabbard. He and Lan Xichen started playing Guqin. Wei Wuxian sent numerous talismans towards him but was all in vain. Uncle started moving backwards holding Sandu in his hand until I was sandwiched between him and the wall and there was no more space left to move further. Jiang uncle was shivering from top to bottom blocking his way. Nie Mingue raised his hand and I closed my eyes hugging uncle tight. The sound of the blow was too loud as if someone has just crushed the wall. Tears rolled down my eyes with fear and when I opened eyes I saw it was Wen Ning who blocked Nie Mingue's attack. Wen Ning's body leaned on us. Even if he was dead the blow was so strong that there was a hole in his chest. If he was alive, this would have been his last day. I always wanted to kill him and Wei Wuxian but time and again they only saved me, protected me. Earlier in Dafan mountain he protected me from evil goddess statue and today from an evil corpse. Even if I couldn't love him, I definitely no longer hated him. With care I and uncle lifted him and placed him on the ground.