Empathy (M)

The empathy will be from Wei Wuxian POV. It contains adult content. I have still tried not to exaggerate things as the story is important to understand new character introduction. I will suggest not to skip it.

Entering the ghost body, I see a barren land ahead in front my eyes

Entering the ghost body, I see a barren land ahead in front my eyes. People around me are getting beaten by Lanlingjin disciples. I feel pain in my wrist and realize Wen JingJiao was struggling to free her hands that are tied with rope.

My fist tightened looking at the atrocities going around. Suddenly, someone grabbed Wen Jingjiao arms and placed her with few other young females. Hands of that disciple is moving all over her body. The Lanlingjin disciples were laughing mocking helpless people in front of them. "Put them inside the dungeon. We shall allot them work tomorrow"

One of the disciple strike hunter on Jingjiao. "Move". Dragging, pushing and hitting, all are made to enter a dark lonely passage.

Jingjiao with other villagers is put inside the dungeon. Uncle four was sitting in the right corner. There is someone lying beside him. I tried to peek but his face is covered with his hair.

As Jingjiao looked around, I was able to see many familiar faces - Granny Wen, Uncle Four, Uncle Six and so on. There was a small boy in Granny Wen's arms. "Yuan!". Looking carefully, I realized this is after sunshot campaign and before all of us moving to Burial mound. There are many more unidentified faces who were not with us in Burial mound. What happened with them? Did they suffer death like Wen Ning?

Wen Jiao was too much exhausted. Closing her eyes she fell asleep. I wanted to see and know more but with her closing her eyes, I could only wait now till she awakes.

With noise around she is awake to see the disciples pushing water and food for them in between the bars.

Uncle four took water in a glass and removing the hair which spread on face of the boy he sprinkled few droplets on his face. "Wen Ning! He was Wen Ning".

I have seen him dead. I knew he was brutally murdered. I am the one who created Ghost General. But, still the way he was looking vulnerable now, I was feeling the same pain which I felt years back for him. I knew they were tortured, I knew they were beaten but never did I expect I will ever live that moment in my life. I knew I don't have to loose control, else I will slip into empathy forever.

The next morning everyone were dragged out. There was a man in golden robes with peony prints standing there.Bowing down all disciples greeted him "Sect leader Jin Guangshan"

One of the disciples - "These are few villagers of Wen clan who were found near market."

Pointing towards Wen Ning and other Wen disciples he said - "Yesterday Senior Zixun caught them night hunting an eight winged bat. As per your command all of them are bought here to work for us"

Jin Guangshan - "Why have they been beaten so badly"

Disciple - "They are the most rebellious".

Now, I felt why I never thought that Wen Ning would have not been on night hunt with old people. What happened with all young Wen people who are here with him? Most of the Wen boys died in sunshot campaign but were they all?

With a sly smile on his face Jin Guangshan stepped forward towards Wen Jingjiao. Raising her chin he smirked "You are beautiful. Get her to my room. Others to start digging the ground extracting precious jades underneath". With that he left.

The disciple who had his hands on her body came forward and dragged her when she pushed him away with all her force trying to run away. Grabbing her face he uttered "What do you think why were all females made to stand separate? You are very beautiful. Once sect leader is done with you don't worry you don't have to work like others. You just have to satisfy me and I will take care of you". She spat on his face and he gave her a tight slap.

She was dragged all the way to Jin Guangshan's room. Looking at her Jin Guangshan ordered the disciple to tie her hands to the bed post and then leave. He must have realized it would be difficult to deal with her. As they left, there was a young boy standing at the door. He looked at Jingjiao and lowered his eyes in shame. It was Jin Guangyao.

My heart ached and I felt something good in him was still alive. Even if I was under empathy I still cried out loud "Meng Yao, Please Help".

Jin Guangyao - "Sect leader, Xue Yang wants to experiment few tricks to explore powers of dead for which he needs humans. Should I take few left young Wen disciples with me". Jin Guangshan nodded and Jin Guangyao left from there ignoring Jingjiao who was lying helpless on bed. Tears rolled down her eyes. Her hands were sore with her struggling to free herself.

What she was anticipating, what she was frightened of was turning into reality. Jin Guangshan was on top of her. Making her rid of each layer of clothing he pressed himself against her. Pain, frustration, anger, tears all stopped after sometime and she laid there as if she was a dead body. Untying her hands he left from there. "You can stay here. I shall come tomorrow as well".

The torment continued for few more days. She was almost dead until she noticed the eyes of that disciple staring at her from far away. She survived tyranny of Jin Guangshan but the thought of being ripped by multiple disciples irked her. Gathering all the courage which was left within her she decided to free herself from torture either by running away or committing suicide. She noticed there was a pattern. After Jin Guangshan left for few hours no one entered the room.

From next day onwards, immediately after Jin Guangshan left she searched for loopholes from where she could rescue herself. Few days later she found a backdoor which was connected to the tunnel. Taking the risk she ran far away from there.