CHAPTER 40

A soft red lips slowly moves against mine while I stayed frozen on my spot. Chaeyoung's hand rose to cup my cheek, deepening the kiss, before pulling away with a soft smile rested on her lips.

She let go of my cheek and stand up. Just then Jennie's voice call for us. "Come out now you two." Chaeyoung started to walk towards there.

I stared blankly into space, before another voice call for me, "Y/n lets go.", and it snapped me out of my thoughts.

I abruptly stand up and dusted off my clothes before striding my feet towards jennie and the others.

My eyes keep darting to Chaeyoung as we head to the hideout. She looks so calm despite of the intimate moment we had earlier. I purse my lips, unable to stop my mind from replaying the scene of Chaeyoung kissing me.

I shake my head off, brushing the thought away. Just the mere image of earlier that flashes on my memory made me so flustered.

"Stop thinking about me and be cautious." Mutters someone beside me. My eyes shifted to the person next to me and my heart felt like about to melt in embarassment and shyness. Chaeyoung look at me nonchalantly then turn her attention in front, heading ahead of me. The red taint that crept on the apple of her cheeks did not go unnotice. She's blushing?

Cute.

"Dumpling unnie.. Can we talk?" Dahyun walk over to her sister, Jennie and the latter nodded without hesitation, leading them in the corner for a talk.

They're all busy preparing for the upcoming deluge, while I just sit at a corner and watch them do their business as what Jisoo told me. So here I am sitting boredly.

"Y/n right?" A shadow tower me. I look up and saw Jeongyeon gazing down at me. Her face void of emotion.

"Yeah" I respond.

She hum and squatted down in front of me, "Your sister told me to teach you how to use gun properly." Our face we're basically leveled.

I felt my heart thump at the mention of gun. I don't like hearing the sound of it.

"I already know how to use blades. I won't need guns."

Noticing my reaction, Jeongyeon reach for my chin with her right hand and lift it up and said with a sigh, "You need to hold a gun too and besides your sister told me you hate the sound of gun so she ask for me to help you to deal with gunshots." She let go of my chin after.

A frown appeared on my face, "Did she tell you the reason?" I ask. She respond with a shake of her head, "No. She said, its your choice."

I sigh, "Our dad was killed when a loud gunshot echoed. He catch the bullet that suppose to be for me. After that, I panic everytime I hears loud sound even its not a gunshot. But I overcome that but the sound of gunshot already regiestered on my head."

I saw her eyes soften and its probably the second time that I saw it.

"Okay.." She trailed off, scratching her nape, "Just look for me outside once you finally decided." She let out a sigh and stand up, heading towards the exit. She look at me for the last time before finally exiting the room.

Maybe its time for me to try and deal with it.

"Hey" I greeted after a while of searching for Jeongyeon. She stood there, holding a pair of gun. She turn upon hearing me and flashes a soft smile.