ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜

     𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜

It's been over a month since I moved in with Storm. And it's still as weird as it has been on day one.

Sure, I am starting to get used to him around me at all times. Literally. But it's still odd.

He tries his very best to differentiate his work-harshness to at-home-harshness. It doesn't always work, but I guess I can't expect him to change that.

That's who he is. Storm is grumpy. He speaks in a harsh tone. He snaps and gets annoyed easily. And I'm afraid I'm starting to get used to it.

And he makes an effort trying to teach me how to cook. Every evening, Storm lets me cook under his supervision. I mostly feel like a kindergartener, but it's fun nonetheless. Although he might veto that.

It's been twelve weeks of constant being in touch with this man, and he hasn't smiled once. Not even a little smile. He's always frowning. There are moments in which I think I might see a twitch, but it's so briefly, I never know if I was hallucinating or if it was real.

It's also been a whole month since the press report has gone online. All of my coworkers now think Storm and I have been dating for a whole year before I started to work for him. And the looks I get...

You'd think adults would be more easy-going when it comes to this, but they're not. I'd go as far as to say they're even worse than teenagers.

A week after the announcement, I overheard a group of IT worker talk about how Storm could easily find someone better than me, and that he should. Then they added how it's a shame he's wasting his time, and genes, with me.

It's hurtful. But kind of something I signed up for when I decided to go with Storm's option.

I am being hated on for envious reasons. Not because Storm is particularly nice, or appears to be a warming person. No, because he is ridiculously rich and doesn't look half as bad.

At least I don't have to hide my growing bump. It still doesn't look like anything more but a heavy bloating, yet I love this belly with all my heart. I mean, I am starting to show the evidence to a human I am growing inside of me. That's so completely crazy, and I love it.

"Sierra, this is totally last minute, but I am getting married on Saturday. Nothing big. It's only going to be you as my only bridesmaid," Athena blurts out as she stalks into Storm's office. He's currently in a meeting so she doesn't knock before barging in.

"You're finally doing it?" I shriek, jumping up to my feet. She nods excitedly. "Oh, my God! It's about fucking time!"

"I know right!" She laughs and jumps up and down together with me. "Cody wants Mr. Arrogant as his best man."

"Storm? How so?" Seriously, why?

Athena shrugs. "He thinks it's only logical." Is it though?

"I doubt he would do it," I admit. "Don't think he'd even attend the wedding."