ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

Sierra is awfully quiet

Sierra is awfully quiet. Even after Winter left the car as we dropped her off. No, especially after that. I'm not sure why though.

We arrive at home, and when she still doesn't talk, I'm certain that something bothers Sierra. I'm betting my money on it being because of Nico. If his name alone annoys me, it can't do any good for her.

As we don't speak for another thirty minutes, I decide to go and work out a little bit, give Sierra some space. But right when I'm about to leave the living room, Sierra seems to find her voice. "Do you know where the money you give to Winter goes?"

I shake my head. I always guessed makeup or nails, clothes, perhaps?

"She gives it to her boyfriend, Atlas." Sierra sighs deeply. "I think you may have to talk to her."

"Clearly." What the hell though? I know I barely do anything to earn my money these days, but there was a time I had to work my ass off to earn just a bit.

Sierra jumps off her seat, running over to me. "Look," she says and holds her hands out to me. "I spent some of your money and made sure it's expensive." Aw, man. I never thought these words could make my heart jump. "Do you like them?"

For the first time in my life, ever, I actually spend my time looking at someone's nails, giving it all of my consideration. "They're pretty." I takes her hands in mine, pulling her close so I kiss her lips, brushing my tongue against hers.

"Do you like cookies?"

No. "Depends."

"Christmas cookies?" Not sure if that's a question or a statement.

I don't. "They're okay."

Sierra lets out a deep breath. "Why don't you like them?"

"I said they're okay, didn't I?" When did I become readable? Sierra tilts her head to the side, looking at me with narrowed eyes. "I don't like sugary things." But I'm sure she knows that by now.

"But why not?"

Trauma. "Growing up poor, the cheap stuff is the most sugary and oily stuff. I mean, candy is expensive, but baking cookies or a simple cake isn't. So we would have so many baked cookies and cakes at home at all times, eventually you get sick of it."

"Is that why you only ever eat fruits, vegetables and greek yogurt?" she asks. I nod. "Don't you grow sick of that too?"

I shake my head. "Perhaps. But at least it's not sugary."

"You eat fruits. Some of them are sweet." Her hands find to her stomach, lying her hand flat to it. She does that whenever she feel the baby kick.

"Still better than eating 100% sugar." Though I would eat spoons full of pure sugar if Sierra asked me to. "Besides, you're the sweetest thing I've ever gotten to taste, therefore, I might like sweet things after all." Sierra laughs, then presses her lips back to mine as though it's the only thing she could have done right now. I don't mind, I'll kiss this woman until we die. Together. I accept nothing else. "You want to bake Christmas cookies, don't you?"