ꜱɪx

I guess he took the news pretty well

I guess he took the news pretty well. Not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't anything like this. Never would I have thought he'd clear his schedule.

But how is this supposed to work out? It's not like Storm is a part of my life. He won't really be there for the pregnancy. He won't be there when I give birth or when the baby is allowed to go home with me.

He'll only ever see the baby every once in a while. And I'm not sure I should trust this man with a child all by himself. I'd fear he'd burn the house down on accident or something like that.

I guess these are things we still have to discuss. But not today. I really need to get away from him and this talk. At least for one day.

I need to think about all of this in peace. Need to clear my head and find out what would be the best for this child.

"Can I take the day off, please? I really need some time to think."

Storm's expression still gives nothing away. Nothing at all. This whole time he's been looking at me with the same frown. The same grumpy frown he always has going on.

There was a split moment when I thought he was a bit surprised, but that faded right a second later. So I'm not quite sure it was even there.

But there is one thing I can tell for sure. He is hesitant. Like he doesn't know how to respond to my questions. That would be a new one. Storm always has something to say. Something rude, of course.

His eyes bore into my soul. It's hurting. He doesn't move one bit, and his eyes stay connected with mine as he thinks. I've never been met with a stare more intense than his.

"I'll probably go to Target and look for baby stuff. That's quite convenient, right? A bit early maybe but still useful, I guess." Why do I feel the need to tell him this? Storm doesn't care.

"How recently did you find out you're pregnant?" he asks, completely dismissing my question to take the day off.

"As recently as it could get. Like 3 minutes before I stormed right into your office, sir."

He take a deep breath and slowly nods his head a couple of times. "So you haven't been to a doctor to get a confirmation."

I shake my head no. I haven't. God, I probably should have done that before I let my boss know I'm pregnant with his child.

Cause what if I'm not really?

"You'll take the rest of the week off. Get your pregnancy confirmed and let me know, will you?"

I nod, but then shake my head. "I can't afford staying home for a whole week."

He sighs deeply. "Sierra, you can afford that," he tells me like he knows my expenses. I sure can't afford that. "You'll still get paid for these days off. I wouldn't tell you to stay home for a week and not pay you."