ɴɪɴᴇ

Why does she have to be so stubborn? Stubborn and sunshine-like

Why does she have to be so stubborn? Stubborn and sunshine-like. It's so annoying. And yet something keeps pulling me towards her.

Sierra is old enough to walk home by herself. She doesn't need a driver or someone to accompany her. But here I am, dropping everything, leaving my meeting early just so I can be sure she gets home safely.

"Sierra, you're going to tell me exactly where you're at. Now," I demand, already storming out of the meeting room.

I can hear her sigh. Softly and ever so lightly. "I'm around the corner from the OB-GYN."

Yeah, cause that narrows it down.

"Which one?" I'm pretty sure Seattle has a couple more doctor houses than just one.

"Mr. Storm, I'll be fine. I'm almost home."

This woman is going to be the death of me. I can feel it. She's not even really a part of my life yet and she's already about to make me lose my sanity.

"Sweetheart, tell me where you're at so I can come pick you up."

Sierra clears her throat. "Did you just call me 'sweetheart'?"

I guess I did. "No."

"Cause if you did, that would be completely inappropriate, sir."

Inappropriate, my ass. She's pregnant with our child. Think we already overstepped the "inappropriate" line.

I have to press my lips together in order to keep my usual mad guard up. "You're right, sweetheart. Whatever you say. Now, send me your location."

I hang up, not giving Sierra another chance to disobey. She'll have to learn that disagreeing with me won't get her anywhere. I always get my way.

I walk up to Athena, waiting until she finishes the call she's on. When she hangs up, her attention is on me instantly.

"Atlas," she says, narrowing her eyes at me.

"You didn't tell me Cody was Sierra's brother."

She chuckles, then puts her hands onto her hips as she looks at me with amusement.

"Well, Cody didn't mention it either, has he?"

He has not. Which is pretty much a shame given the years I've known him. The years he's known me. The years we've been best friends.

"So you guys hid her from me on purpose?" Not that it would have changed anything if I'd known her earlier. Though, I probably wouldn't have given her a job if I'd known.

Athena's amusement vanishes from her face in a second. Now, she looks pale and more than drained of any colour.

"Do you need something? More bitter coffee? A better personality?"