ꜰᴏᴜʀ

𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

     𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"I'll see you later tonight?" Ted asks right before I exit his car.

We've been going on dates every now and then for two weeks now. And to my surprise, I am still alive. He has not yet tried to murder me. But I'm still waiting for that to happen.

Nobody around me knows I am seeing him, except for Beau, but I haven't mentioned Ted ever since I even told him about him, so it doesn't really count.

Truthfully, Ted is an amazing and charming guy, and his daughter... she's the sweetest little human I have ever met. Now, there's a but.

But Ted McCallahan is obnoxious. He doesn't allow me five seconds to breathe.

When I told him I had lunch with Beau yesterday, he freaked out. I told him I was sharing an office with Beau, and you know what he did? He asked me to find another office to stay in, preferably sharing one with a woman or staying all by myself.

At first I thought he was joking, but now I'm starting to think someone has truly hurt this man before. Maybe he has some kind of trauma.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be willing to work through it. But I am only twenty-four. I shouldn't have to deal with a thirty-year-old that sees no wrongs in his behaviour.

"I suppose. But I don't know when I'll get out of here." I want to flee his car.

After he had been yelling at me for a good forty minutes about my co-worker, he insisted on me staying the night because it got late. I really wanted to go home, but I was too afraid he might start beating me if I said so.

Okay, maybe he's not as charming as I said in the beginning. He has his moments... and then he flips. Like a switch. Does a whole 180° turn.

"That asshole of your boss should have actual nine to five hours provided for you. Not some kind of 'We'll see. Whenever you're done with your work' kind of hours."

I snort a laugh. "Mr. Storm doesn't care when I leave. I have to stay at least 8 hours a day, that's my minimum. But I refuse to leave before I finish the last thing on my list for today."

He hums, bobbing his head. "I'll pick you up at five."

Not when he forces it upon me.

"Sierra, seriously. We've been dating for two weeks. I think it's time we finally spend a night together. Or do you have some weird thing going that keeps you from sleeping with a guy you're with?"

Excuse me?

"I do not," I answer harshly. Without waiting for Ted to speak again, I push open the car door and jump out as quick as possible.

I do have that sort of this, but there is no need for Ted McCallahan to know of it.

"Sierra!" I hear him yell my name in anger, maybe frustration. Either way, I couldn't care less right now. "Sierra! I didn't mean it like that."