ᴛᴡᴏ

I should have woken him up instead of running out like a coward

I guess one night stands work like it, though. Just walking out, I mean. Otherwise it defeats the whole "one-night" kind of purpose, does it not?

Our meeting has officially started ten minutes ago... and Mr. Storm himself isn't even in sight. He was the one calling for this meeting, surely he would be the one doing the talking. No one in this room knows why we're even here.

"All I'm saying is, I saw Mr. Storm walk off with some blonde woman. He might still be in bed," I overhear one of my colleagues say. He sounds rather proud to have witnessed it. If I wasn't the one our boss walked off with, I sure would have laughed about it.

"No way," Athena interjects, nudging her elbow into my arm. "I've been working for him for years and not once has he missed a meeting. Especially not for a woman." She wears a smile on her lips, one that says she knows something but isn't up to telling me what she knows.

If only he was missing this meeting for a woman. He is most certainly still knocked out on his bed. From what it looked like when I left, he's a rather deep-sleeper, not too easily to be woken up.

Though, I'm not quite sure one morning could really judge that.

"You're so quiet this morning, sunshine," Beau Cromwell says, laying a hand down onto my shoulder. A second later he shoves a cup of coffee into my hand, smiling at me warmly. "You're usually all the bright colours of the rainbow, and now you're the cloud with the rain."

I sigh, silently. Beau is right. I am the kind of person that smiles at everyone, wishes every person that walks past me a good morning, offers to bring coffee etc. I even bring self-baked cookies to work every week. But not today. I'm way too afraid my soon-to-be ex-boss is going to march in here and fire me right on the spot.

Needless to say, my memory from last night still hasn't come back. I have absolutely no idea what happened. I can only assume things got a little more heated, and that's solely judged by our nudity the morning after.

"I guess I'm just a bit hungover," I say, not even lying. I do have a pretty bad hangover. My head is still throbbing, my feet hurt like hell—although that has nothing to do with being hungover—but overall, I feel like a sack of potatoes. An old sack of potatoes, not even a freshly bought one.

"Ya think?" he chuckles. "You've probably drank the whole bar last night."

I did not. I had like... two handful of drinks. Maybe? God, I don't know. But it certainly wasn't the whole bar.

"Where did you run off to anyway? You suddenly disappeared after two." Beau takes a seat in the empty chair next to me. The one Athena sat in just two minutes ago before she marched off, probably to see where Mr. Storm is at.

"I got tired and went to sleep." Not that it's any of his business in the first place.

Taking a sip from my coffee, I instantly feel less stressed. I know coffee doesn't do shit for stress, but the caffeine sure does calm me down... in some ways.