ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ

I've never been on a conference call with someone else being in the same room as me

I've never been on a conference call with someone else being in the same room as me. Especially not with my wife being in the room.

She's not working, but I also don't really care much about that. I just wanted Sierra to get out of the house for some time. She's been there the past month, not leaving once.

Sierra doesn't have to work. She won't be missing anything. But I know she used to love working, so I won't tell her to quit.

Anyway, it was about time the house got cleaned again. I usually have my housekeeper come in twice a week, but with Sierra around...I don't trust anyone to be around her. Not when she's alone.

I did clean, and I do so even with my housekeeper coming twice a week, but taking care of this house all by myself is too much. Especially with me working all day every day. And I certainly won't make Sierra clean. Even if she offered to do so, I'd be more likely to throw her over my shoulder and carry her right to our bedroom to fuck that thought out of her brain, than actually have her tidy up and such.

She's my wife, not my maid.

Though, to be fair, I haven't laid my hands on her at all. We've been married for a while, a month to be exact, and not once did we go further than kissing. Maybe a more-or-less heated make-out session. Like we're sixteen or something.

But I can feel that is about to change...

"Mr. Storm, you can't be serious. That's a multi-million dollar company. You can't seriously be considering to buy it," Alexandria Nicholas, the head representative of my finance department says disbelievingly.

But I sure am considering it. Investing in an airline can't go too wrong. Plus, they're not even close to bankruptcy. This airline is well known, used by millions of people to get to the other end of the world.

"It will most likely be the death of Storm's Holdings Inc," the representative for the management team adds.

I might have to fire both. The airline is, like I've said, well known. It's loved and passengers are happy with them. They make tons of money, just need a new investor as they're losing theirs. Spending a small amount such as a million dollars for it won't "be the death" of my Holdings Company.

"Nicolas, you should be familiar with the finances better than I am," I let her know. She nods. God, I hate video chats. "Now, tell me the approximate amount of money Storm's Holdings Inc makes in an hour."

I can see her skim through files, trying to find what I've asked her for. But the answer is easy...

"More than a million, Nicholas," I say, answering for her. "Spending some good amount on an airline...it's nothing. The airline alone will get the money back in in no time."

Whatever she says next, I don't hear. I don't because I'm no longer paying attention. As my eyes flick beyond my computer screen, my gaze meet Sierra's. And that wouldn't be a problem, if hers weren't filled with pure lust. It's distracting.