ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

"Atlas!"

"Atlas!"

He doesn't even turn around to know which one of his sisters just yelled his name like she hadn't seen him in years. "Winter," he sighs like he's tired of her, but I know he loves spending time with his siblings. Well, three of them.

"Go out of my way. I need to greet your wife!" It doesn't take long for Winter to push past Atlas and run right into my arms. I haven't seen her since the wedding, and yet still, she seems way too excited to see me.

"Is that the new way to say 'Happy Birthday'?" Atlas asks, suppressing a chuckle. I look at him and shrug, while still hugging his sister.

Then she turns, facing Atlas. "No, it's my way of saying 'I need about $50 for the movies. Please.'"

"What do you want to do at the cinema?" Atlas asks, like there is more to do than watch a movie.

"Get my nails done, obviously." That makes me laugh. I barely know her and I think I might love her already.

"You're too young for all that, Winter," Atlas says and crosses his arms while leaning against the kitchen counter.

"I'm fourteen!"

"Exactly. Too young."

"No, you're just old."

Atlas's mouth opens slightly. "I just turned twenty-nine." I'd say he's offended, but I know that's not the case.

"Exactly. Too old," she mocks, crossing her arms and leaning against the kitchen island, opposite of Atlas, just like he does.

Atlas grunts disapprovingly.

"God, Atlas. Give that poor child some money. It won't hurt you," I say with a smile. All I get in return is a look that screams "traitor!"

"Yes, Atlas. Give me some money. See it as a belated birthday present."

Atlas shakes his head, not wanting to believe his wife and sister just teamed up against him. "You've got plenty presents from me for your birthday. That was, in case you forgot, seven months ago."

Winter shrugs, though one can tell she is grateful for everything her brother does for her by the smile she beams at him. "Your poor daughter. Sierra, you need to take care of her on your own. My brother will ruin her. She might only see vegetables for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Her snacks will be carrots. And she won't be allowed to go anywhere."

I chuckle cause I can actually see that happening. Though, I'm there to make sure that does not happen.

"I happen to think Louise is going to have a great life here," Atlas veto's, looking at me to see if I felt anything for the name. I shake my head.

We've been doing this since yesterday. Calling the blip a million different names in hopes one will feel right.

Atlas reaches his hand out to me, and the second I take it, he pulls me close to him, pressing his lips to mine in a sweet and innocent kiss.