ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

He's not discussing my horny ass any further

He's not discussing my horny ass any further. But that's alright. I've embarrassed myself enough. At least I've gotten a reaction I've never seen from him out of it.

To my surprise, Atlas is following me out. Or I'm following him. Either way, we're leaving together. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise, I know he doesn't want me to call an Uber. He'd rather drive me anywhere himself. Why ever that is.

As we reach the lobby and step out of the elevator, I notice my shoe lace loosening, slowly opening up.

I stop walking, ready to redo the lace so I won't trip thanks to it. But when I'm about to bend down, Atlas beats me to it.

He kneels down in front of me, propping one leg up. Then he looks into my eyes as he carefully lifts my leg, setting my foot down onto his knee.

"You really don't have to do this, Atlas." But I like the sudden affection, so I'm good. The only thing bugging me are the looks from my colleagues. Anyone who is in this lobby right now, they're staring at Atlas and me. Annoying nosy adults.

He doesn't answer. Why would he? Atlas does whatever the hell he wants, and unless I specifically ask him not to do something that's connected to me, he will go through with it.

Atlas finishes tying me shoe laces. I pull my leg away from him and he stands. "Thank you," I say and smile at him sweetly. He doesn't reciprocate the smile, but he never does.

It is okay he doesn't, I guess. I am started to get used to it, and learn his ways of being anything but grumpy in his actions. 

A moment later, Atlas intertwines our hands, much to my surprise. He knows I usually don't like any kind of touch, so he looks at me, waiting until I'd tell him not to touch me. But I don't.

Yes, his touch is sudden and I wasn't expecting it at all... but we're still in a fake relationship, people are supposed to believe us. But even if that wasn't a factor, I kind of like this?

I've never held hands with someone, except for my mother and Cody when I was younger. Or Athena as a joke. But not with anyone that wasn't in my life ever since I was born.

I follow Atlas to the front desk where he pushes me in front of him and wraps his arms around my neck from behind.

He has never done this before, but frankly, I could get used to this. It has some kind of protectiveness I didn't know I would ever need. Let alone want. It's like he is shielding me from the world, even if we're just in his office building and the only people around are fellow coworkers of mine.

Eleanor's cheeks are slightly rosy when she looks at us, her eyes switching from him to me and back. "Can I" she clears her throat "Can I do something for you, Mr. Storm?"

"I couldn't find Mrs. Coffey upstairs. Let her know Sierra and I left and I'd like important calls to be forwarded to my private phone, not the one in my office," he says, talking to her in his usual boss-like tone. The kind of CEO everyone here is used to.