ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Is it rude not to tell your best friend about your pregnancy? I'd say so

Is it rude not to tell your best friend about your pregnancy? I'd say so. But what else am I supposed to do?

I hate that I can't talk to Athena about... anything. Not yet at least.

Until Storm and I have figured out how to do this, how to co-parent without either of us getting shamed publicly, no one can know the truth.

No one but Cody.

Seriously, Storm can't expect me to keep completely quiet. Especially not after he had told my brother I'm pregnant. Since Cody knows this info already, he might as well hear from Storm's absurd proposal.

As I wait for Cody to pick up his phone, I can feel my body shake. Adrenaline rushing through my body like it never has before. But it only gets worse when he picks up.

"Sierra." He sounds awfully like his father. A lot like the strict tone Drew had on me all my life. "You've got a hell ton of explaining to do."

That I do. Though, I wouldn't know what to tell him.

"You're dating your boss, Sierra. When the hell did that happen?"

Never.

"Cody, Storm and I aren't dating. We both had a little too much to drink a few weeks ago and—" Why do I even own my brother an explanation?

I get it. Cody is worried about me. He is worried that Storm is just like Nico. That he will be awful, cruel, and do things to me no one should ever have to experience. But despite Storm appearing a lot to be an asshole, that doesn't mean he would do things to me.

"And what, Sierra?" he snaps. "How could you possibly get knocked up by your boss!"

Just like any other woman conceives. By sperm being injected.

"You don't even like men!"

"That's not true," I veto. "I am afraid of men. I am afraid of the things men are capable of. How they can so easily take advantage of a woman. But, FYI, women can take advantage of men as well. I've had one bad experience and now I'm afraid it might happen again. That doesn't mean I am suddenly into women. Although that would solve about 9/10 of my problems."

I just know Cody is rolling his eyes right now. "Two," he corrects. "Two bad experiences." Yeah, yeah, whatever. "Does Athena know?" he asks. "Can I tell her?"

"No. To both. No one can know anything before Storm and I figured out a way to make it look less bad to the public eye."

I'm starting to think Storm is right. Breaking the news, people will be more hateful towards me than Storm himself.

Sure, nearly to every news portal is out for gossip, and that's what they'd get. Just that the story will be turned into something that will make me look like a gold digger. Storm, on the contrary, he won't be having to deal with negative headlines for too long.