Chapter 31

The walk of shame was a sad, sad experience, especially when your boyfriend didn't accompany you. If you would have known the amount of shame you would feel, you wouldn't have given in to your teenage hormones yesterday night. However, the cherry on top was that Dino had actually gone to your house yesterday night to see if you returned home safely.

"--I then had to inform him that you were staying the night with Kyoya," your grandpa continued his rant, "the least you could do was warn your date where you were."

"Sorry."

"[Name], you haven't looked at my face at all the minute you returned," he sighed which caused you to hesitantly glance up at him. The blush still stained your cheeks, causing him to laugh, "There's nothing to be ashamed of."

"Are you sure? I mean.. you were pretty adamant my freshman year that there would be no boys in my pants," you muttered the last part of the sentence. You couldn't believe you were having this conversation with your grandfather, no less your conservative grandfather.

He just laughed it off, "Kyoya is a man, not a boy. Plus, he also agreed not to impregnate you during your last year of school."

"Eh?" you gasped, "GRANDPA, HE SAID THAT?"

"What a nice man," he sighed as he walked away towards his room.

You bashed your head onto the table, "Ugh, this is so weird!" Hearing your phone vibrate, you rolled your head to the side to see who had texted you. Seeing how it was Dino, you panicked. "Shit."

"I hope you had gotten home safely."

You typed away furiously, but it took a few tries to finally get the right message out.

"Yup! Everything is good! Want to go get some lunch later? :)"

You waited for a good fifteen minutes for an answer. "I'm returning to Italy in a few minutes, can't. Sorry."

You felt like a bigger idiot when you read the text. He only returned to Namimori to see his friends and for the dance. You just blew him off the entire time he was here even though he was doing you a favor. You felt like a hypocrite seeing as how you always preached about the importance of friends. Yet here you were, putting Hibari Kyoya above one of your best friends, Dino.

Your thumb pressed on the reply button on the screen. "That's fine. Do you remember that promise you made with me about going to Italy? I was hoping if that was still open. We need to catch up a lot, uninterrupted."

The reply was almost immediate. "Just you and me?"

"Yessir!"

"I'll call you back when I'm in Italy. We can make arrangements."

"Perfect! :)"

If your boyfriend wasn't alright with this, he would just have to deal with it. Your friends were what mattered most!

====================

You rested throughout the afternoon, sleeping off your fatigue from last night. You also reminisced on how powerless you were against the enemies and how you had to rely on the strength of your friends. You didn't mind relying on them, but you were a major burden throughout the ordeal. You even had the exchange students protect you.

Never had you been put in such a predicament. You were the Demon Queen in middle school! What happened?! As you debated on what to do next, you thought that maybe instead of fists, you should use weapons. You returned to your phone, calling a person who can give you some solid advice.