Chapter 40

WARNING: Mature situation! You have been warned.

==================================

Your legs dangled over the patient bed as you waited for Doctor Shamal to return with the results. In your hand were the test results you had taken earlier in the morning, and you had mixed feelings about the outcome. Watching the pink positive sign appear brought indescribable emotions, one of fear and joy. Were these going to be the triplets that you have seen a year ago? It was hardly ten years later, but maybe you assumed their age wrong.

More emotions began to surface the second your optics scanned your phone messages. The minute you got your results, you had texted Kyoya to meet you at Shamal's office; that had been an hour ago, and you worried if he would show. Was he in the middle of something more important than your emergency 911 text? Hopefully not.

The door slid open, revealing a slightly out of breath Kyoya. He seemed on edge with his more-than-angry scowl and deep frown, "You don't look dead."

"Umm, no. But it is pretty serious," you laughed nervously as you hid the test behind you. Your fingers then began to play with the clean sheet of paper resting beneath you.

You awkwardly watched him travel over to you and plop himself on the chair beside you. "Talk," he ordered coldly.

"Well, remember that night when you returned with me to the Vongola mansion at like four in the morning?" you began slowly. A slight tug of the corners of his lips indicated his remembrance, and you continued, "Do you remember using any sort of protection?"

"Protection from what?"

What's the best way to phrase it? Oh yeah, that's right! There was none. "Babies."

His calm expression remained as he thought over your words, piecing together your sad excuse of an explanation. The moment he realized what you were hinting at, his eyes widened and his body tensed up. "You better not be playing around." You could practically feel the word herbivore inch out of his mouth, but he refrained himself as he stood from his chair.

You rolled your eyes. "I took the test."

".......And?" His words felt like acid, anger overflowing from his pores and charcoal orbs.

"Congratulations...maybe." You shrugged, forcing a smile to hopefully make him think that everything was going to be fine.

But nothing was ever fine in his world, not when it meant he had to be a dad. "Abort it."

Your eyes flew open as your jaw slackened, "Kyoya, I think I misheard you--"

"Abort it."

"......Are you a fucking monster? If there is a kid in here, it's our kid. You can't just kill it!"

"Children are made from mutual agreement." He hovered over you, attempting to intimidate you into submission.

"No, children are made when you stick your friend down there in me, not using any protection whatsoever."

He growled, not at all enjoying your smartass comment, but your furious expression signaled that you were in no mood to play around. Clenching his fists, he held back whatever physical anger he wanted to thrust upon you. "You will not have this child."

"I will."

"Then I won't be there to help you with it." It was a brisk statement that pressed needles into your heart.

"So you won't take care of it because you don't want children right now? You are willing to get up and leave me because you're afraid of some fucking children? Do you know how much of a herbivore you sound?" you exclaimed.