Chapter 29

Here's the dress you wear in this chapter: http://www.kylebyalenetoo.com/dresses/lalinda-lace-crochet-dress

==================================

"I've never been to a high school dance with a beautiful date," Dino whispered into your ear, causing you to flush in embarrassment.

"Well, this is the third time I've been to the dance with a person from the mafia," you laughed nervously. You cringed at how weird your laugh came out, though who could blame you? You never thought this man could brush up so well, and it made you a nervous wreck. On the other hand, he was calm, cool, and collected (the main reason being that Romario had came as well.. if he hadn't, you would have brought a ticking time bomb to the dance.)

"That's impressive," Dino joked as he took a sip of his soda. Every female student watched him hungrily, staring him down as his Adam's apple bobbed slightly when he swallowed.

Their stares caught your attention, and you realized how far you two were from the dance floor. Your eyes lowered with guilt. "Sorry that we aren't dancing as much. I'm still preparing the induction ceremony for the new executive board," you apologized as your gaze returned to the papers and envelopes in front of you.

One minute you were dragging Dino to the dance floor, the next you would be dragged by the Vice President to do more work. When you seemed agitated, Dino whispered compliments into your ear to bring back your cheery self. You were thankful he wasn't annoyed but rather supportive of whatever you did. However, you couldn't comprehend why he enjoyed making you so flustered with his bold advances. He knew what he was doing to you, and his reaction was always a dark chuckle. You could have tried to understand where he was coming from, but you were too wrapped up with work to even think about it.

"No worries. I'm just happy we can spend time together like this," he responded as he supplied you with a charming smile.

"I know," you exhaled, "we haven't talked like this for a long time and we're supposed to be best friends... We should hang out more."

"[Name]!" you turned to look over your shoulder, noticing Tsuna with Kyoko trailing behind him, "There you are. Everyone was wondering where you went."

"Tsuna," you groaned, "Can I just quit being the President for one night? This is not how I want to spend my last dance."

He chucked as you stacked the papers neatly in front of you. With all the signed forms of the candidates at hand, you began to head over to the stage where the Vice President was setting up the microphone. "Is everything ready?" you asked him.

"Yeah, we just need to connect these and we'll be good to go," he answered. His eyes wandered over to your date, and he sent you a sly smile, "You have a peculiar taste in men, Miss President."

You turned your head to see Dino patiently waiting for you by the edge of the stage, "Oh him? Nah, that's my best friend. Kyoya couldn't make it.... ehh didn't want to go to the dance with me."

"I'm sorry--"

"It's fine," you sighed, "let's just hurry up the elections, so we can get to the dancing."

"As you wish!" he exclaimed as he ran off the stage to call for the candidates.

You walked over to Dino, whom had attracted a lot of female students as they trotted around him with heavy blushes. When they noticed your return, they scurried off into the crowds. They probably were only there to get a good whiff of his cologne. "We're going to do the elections now. It'll only take thirty minutes, and then we can do whatever we want."

"Alright, [Name]. I'll be with Tsuna and the others." He leaned forward to kiss you on the cheek, "Good luck!" he laughed as he turned on his heel and headed towards the rest of the group.