Chapter 14

You continued to jog down the road until you finally recognized your surroundings. You had been running for an hour already, and you felt your stamina beginning to falter which slowed your jogging. You hadn't realized how serious the situation was until the adrenaline within you died down. Those three men owned guns, and they didn't look like normal civilians. What frightened you the most was that they were aiming for Tsuna, a boy who couldn't even hurt a fly (he would actually hurt himself if he tried). It was unusual for them to even know the boy, and it piqued your interest as to who Tsuna really was. It made you realize that everyone was hiding something from you which only proved your suspicions.

A car honk startled you, snapping you out of your thoughts. "[Name]!" Dino yelled, slowing his car down to your pace. "I heard you got kidnapped!"

You stopped jogging and turned your head to look at him. "Me? Oh no, I'm out on a run!" you sarcastically replied.

He chuckled as he unlocked his car doors. "Then let me take you back home. You must be tired."

"Yeah, I'm exhausted--"

"Herbivore," you heard a familiar voice.

Hesitantly, you glanced over your shoulder to see a rugged Hibari --panting and livid-- but nonetheless, present in front of the both of you. "Oh hey, Kyoya!" Dino smiled at his pupil.

"She's coming back with me to school," he grabbed your wrist, making you wince in pain.

"But she looks so tired! I can drive you two back to school then," Dino patted the seat next to him.

Before you could accept, Hibari started to yank you down the sidewalk, ignoring Dino. "Ah, Kyoya, where are you taking me?"

"Kyoya?" Dino muttered to himself, "why is she calling him by his first name?"

"Oi! Hey! Ouch," you sputtered as he kept dragging you by the wrist, bringing you all the way to the city park which was nearby. He threw you against the bench, and you landed with a loud slam, your eyes squeezing shut from the pain.

As you peaked through one eye, you felt something relatively soft beamed at your head. "OW! WHAT THE HELL KYOYA?" you moaned as you searched for what he threw at you. "Bandages?"

He stared down at your knee which had dried blood clinging onto it. You hadn't noticed the scrap, but you knew it had happened you were climbing to the top of the brick wall. It didn't faze you, adrenaline overriding any pain, so you forgot about it. "It's against the dress code policy to have blood."

You laughed at his remark, his answer being so typical of him to say. Of course, you wouldn't hear him explaining how worried he was. Was he? You peered at his stern orbs, noting the attentiveness towards you. You quickly faced down to grab the bandages and start wrapping them around your knee. "Sorry for skipping detention. It was to save a Namimori student, so maybe you should just let me off the hook this once."

He was just glaring at you, "You can talk to your teacher about that."

"Please," you slapped your hands together as if you were praying, "I'll.. I'll.. Hmm, oh! I'm making hamburger steak for dinner. How about you come over to eat? Ya' know... to help you consider lifting that punishment."

"Do you stalk me, herbivore?" he questioned suspiciously.

"Don't be conceited," you crossed your arms, "what does that have to do with cooking?"

"Hn," he looked away, "now get to class."

"But school is so far away!" you whined.

You felt your skirt pocket buzz and you searched for the culprit. Holding the phone to your ear, you answered, "Hello?"