Chapter 24

The meeting was to be held in the conference room, and you had to say, it was quite a professional room. You were seated at the head of the tables, overlooking all 44 other chairs with 22 on each side of you. The tables formed a U-shape, and compared to the other chairs, your red chair was much more comfortable than the rest. Every seat had a small microphone situated in front of it so that each club president's voice could be heard throughout the abundant amount of space this room had. Your voice could echo if you talked right now with no one occupying the room.... Of course it wasn't like you tried that....

Anyways, you were thoroughly prepared with your enormous amount of stacked papers in front of you. Your officers were on both your sides with their laptops all ready to take down any information. It was then you noticed that you only had a pen and paper to take down notes of what you would approve of.

After the bell rung to dismiss the students from their class, you felt butterflies fill your stomach as club leaders came in one by one. Slowly, the room began to fill up, all of their gazes landing on your nervous form. You glanced at your watch, checking the time. "2:57."

"The meeting starts at 3," your secretary reminded you inconspicuously.

You nodded, waiting for a familiar face to enter, and your wishes were granted as Kusakabe walked in. "Kusakabe!!" you waved over.

He waved at you and headed over to where you sat. He bent his torso down to be able to talk to you, "Hey [Name]. I forgot you ran this."

"Same here. So where's Kyoya?" you asked, though you already knew the answer to this.

"Sleeping in his office," Kusakabe chuckled, "he doesn't know you're here."

You allowed Kusakabe to return to his assigned seat since you had decided to do something about Kyoya's absence. It was already time for the meeting, but you just had to do this. It was a good thing the conference room had a PA system in it...and that you had permission to use it as you pleased.

The club leaders stared at you curiously as you dialed the intercom system. You made it so that the message could be heard from all over the school. With a smile on your face, the chime of the PA system echoed, signaling your announcement.

You cleared you throat to hopefully grab everyone's attention. "Would Hibari Kyoya please report to the conference room? Again, Kyoya, please come to the conference room... I mean it Kyoya. Stop sleeping and get over here."

You slammed telephone back on the receiver and headed back to your chair. "Now, shall we begin?"

They nodded for you to continue. "Great. So let's get down to business and go over what's on the agenda."

Everyone's head lowered to see the desired sheet of paper on the table, their eyes reading what was first on the list. On yours specifically, you had a red mark on the first bullet point, signaling you that it was the most dreaded part of the meeting. It was where you would become bombarded with requests from last year that weren't approved.

You noticed the smirk of a few club leaders, their devious optics staring at their comrades in hopes of intimidating you to submission. "If anyone would like reevaluation on an event, please say so in a calm--"

"KENDO CLUB WOULD LIKE THE SWORD EXPO!!"

"VARSITY BASKETBALL IS EXPANDING AND WE WANT---"

"TWO WORDS: BIKINI FUN DAY."

"CHEERLEADERS NEED TO HAVE A DANCE OFF COMPETITION WITH OUR RIVALS!"

"DRAMA DEPARTMENT MIME CLASS!!!!!!"

"ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-CLUB CAN HOLD A REAL ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS TOURNAMENT."

Everyone sounded like gibberish around you, though you listened with all the concentration you could muster. You noticed that Kusakabe was silent in the background, watching the door carefully for his boss. Though only club leaders were allowed inside, their right-hand people could be in the room with them if they stood behind them. Most of the VPs were here, telling the leaders what else to fight for.