Chapter 11

•••••• March ••••••

You stared at the exam board in front of you, one that was surrounded by hoards of students. With it being the last day of the school year and finals already over, the rankings were posted just a few feet in front of you. Since it was early in the morning, you didn't have any motivation to fight to the front of the sea of students. You just watched, entertained by the smart people that tried to claw each others' eyes out to look at their ranking. The slower students (some could be categorized as the idiots) just stood in the back with not a care in the world.

"Ah, Reborn kept me up all those nights studying," Tsuna sighed as he stood next to you. His arms were crossed with worry, and his eyes were hesitant to even look at the board. "I hope I didn't let him down."

"Yeah, you're horrible with academics," you agreed, "but I know you have potential to ace stuff!"

"[Name], you need to stop complimenting a person like me all the time," Tsuna said.

"A person like you?" you frowned, smacking his head lightly, "have more confidence in yourself!"

"Tenth! I got second place!" Gokudera came running out of the aggressive group. The entire group of students parted, allowing him to see his ranking with no problem.

"You're the only smart one in the group," Yamamoto laughed as he scratched his head, "I completely forgot to study and played video games all night."

"All night?" you were in awe, "you should have invited me!"

"Hahaha! Will do," Yamamoto gave you a thumbs up, "though none of us heard from you during these weeks."

"Ah, I had stuff to do with my grandpa. The spring allergies were getting to him," you sighed, "he's better though."

"I hope he is," Tsuna chimed in, "I bet you couldn't study at all."

You shrugged, nonchalantly moving onto the next subject. "We can look at the rank later."

The second bell rung which meant that the disciplinary committee would start shoving the students away any minute. You watched as groups of students left the hallway with disgruntled faces. Hibari Kyoya was in the background watching this, though he was far away from the crowd, overseeing everything. When he noticed you, he immediately called out to you.

"Herbivore, get to class. An imbecile like you won't be anywhere near the top of that list," he stated with a smirk. He took a dig at your intelligence so early in the morning, but you were not in the mood to take his degrading comments.

You stormed to the front of the bulletin board, shoving an innocent kid kid in front of you. With your finger, you started from the bottom of the list and moved your finger upwards, going by every single name.

"Hibari, you shouldn't say that," Tsuna stood up to him, though his voice was shaky. You smiled to yourself, proud that he finally had a backbone to say something to the prefect other than 'Hiiiih! It's Hibari!'