Chapter 2

It was the end of your first week back, and things had finally transitioned smoothly ever since you were able to buy a new lengthened skirt. With a smile on your face, you just waltzed into the school with ease with no comment from anybody on the disciplinary committee and into the embrace of your newly found friend group. Although you were content with finding friends, you weren't all so pleased at how they acted above everyone else. Truthfully, you were beginning to dislike them, but you didn't want your grandfather to worry any longer about your social life.

"[Name]!" Saeki cried out, clinging to your arm. As you were about to speak, you heard loud bickering from a rather large group.

"Oh, look it's no good Tsuna!" a girl next to you sneered. You gaze redirected over to the timid boy who was surrounded by friends, the same boy who sat in front of you in homeroom.

"Why is he no good?" you asked, not exactly liking her tone.

The girl tried to pinpoint the reason, contemplating on it thoroughly. "He used to be no good but now he's friends with so many different people... The popular Yamamoto, the cool Gokudera, the sporty Sasagawa, the cute Kyoko, and the scary Hibari."

"Really?" you drawled out in wonder. He sounded extremely interesting to be able to make those types of friends, especially that stupid Hibari. However, he couldn't be a bad person with the way his friends look at him. With such loyalty and bliss, all of them surrounded this boy as if they wanted to protect him with their life. No friend ever looked at you like that. You chuckled, "That's a wide arrange of friends... Wonder if he could be my friend too?"

"Ha! What for? He would be a terrible friend!" the girl snickered. You smiled nervously, not wanting to agree on that. All the people around him seemed happy and would do anything for him. You wanted something like that which was why you would take that first step. 'He'll be my friend.'

"TSUNA!!!" you exclaimed, running over to the surprised boy as the girl groaned in response, apalled you would even talk to him.

The boy turned around, confused that you would speak to him. His group of friends also stared at you... some in a not so generous manner. "[L/N]? R-right?"

"Just call me, [Name], Tsuna!" you extended your arm, forcefully taking his and shaking it, "I decided that I want to be your friend."

"What kind of joke is this? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF HIM?" the silver- haired male yelled as he karate chopped your hand away from his friend.

"No! I just saw how you guys look after him and thought that he must be a great guy to be friends with!" you defended, your eyes showing how dead serious you were.

"OF COURSE THE TENTH IS GREAT!" he agreed, already putting you in his good graces.

However, the boy blushed with all the compliments, not exactly knowing what to say. "Ehh?"

The second bell rang, signaling that it was time for all the students to head to their first class. "Let's go before Hibari gets mad at us!" Tsuna exclaimed, frightened at the thought of the prefect.

"I thought you guys are friends with Hibari," you thought out loud.

"No, it's more complicated than that," the tanned male laughed, scratching his head.

"He's a complicated bastard---" You were beginning to say.

WHACK!

"OWWW!!!" you yelled, holding your shoulder in pain. You didn't notice Hibari walking by while you said that comment, resulting in a swift attack from him. The rest of the group was also surprised, not expecting the random show of violence.

"Herbivore, I'll bite you to death," he growled, leaving you there.

"FUCK! THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU CARNIVOROUS! JUST A CANNIBAL!" you screamed at his retreating figure. He ignored you, leaving you with a quiet group of people. "Did I ever mention that I love meat?"

"No," Tsuna shook his head, while shuffling through his clothes. He took out a heat compress from his blazer pocket, handing it to you with a smile, "Here, your shoulder must hurt."

You took it, almost in tears of happiness, "I'll treasure this forever! I've never had a friend give me a present before!! You certainly are the best, Tenth!" You used the same nickname you had heard from his friend, not really thinking much of it.

"RIGHT?" the silver haired male exclaimed.

As you guys reached class, you were able to grab everyone's names and though it was a lot, you made sure to remember them. Almost all of them were in your class, except Ryohei, since he was an upper classmen. With Tsuna sitting in front of you and Gokudera and Yamamoto to your side, you felt that this was going to be a great first year.

~~~~~

During lunch, you sat with your new friends, thanks to Saeki completely ignoring you. You didn't mind as you made new female friends, Kyoko and Haru. They were pretty girls, inside and out, and they acted so humble and understanding towards you. "[Name], what was your old school like?"

"It was...the complete opposite of this school. We didn't have a disciplinary committee which meant lots of fights between gangs, bullying, no dress codes, and just mean people."

"That's awful," Kyoko gasped, "Were you bullied?"

"Ha! No!" you laughed at the thought, "I was actually called the Demon Queen since I fought a lot....I didn't bully kids though! I just protected those who couldn't fend for themselves."

You frowned, hoping that they believed you. You didn't want to scare them away already so soon. "So that means you're a strong and compassionate person?" Haru smiled.

"I...never thought of it that way," you replied in awe.

"Well, you are! And you're really pretty too," Kyoko added which made you gasp.

"NO! You guys are pretty! I just look average," you sighed, "so average that gorgeous clothes don't suit me."

"YOU LIKE TO SHOP?" Haru exclaimed excitedly. You hesitantly nodded, taken back by the volume of her voice. "We were planning on shopping afterschool in this new boutique! Want to come?"

"Really?"

"Apparently they have nice clothes for good prices!" Haru added.

"I'm in," you grinned. As you guys giggled and made plans, you noticed Hibari pass by towards the building with his bird perched on his shoulder. You froze, waiting for his presence to leave until you resumed talking. "Do you guys know anything on Hibari?"

"To be honest, I've never seen him hit a girl," Kyoko commented, "he threatens them, but never really attacked one."

"Are you serious? He hit me already like 5 times this week, maybe more!" you groaned. It didn't bother you that he stuck to the rules; what did bother you was that he didn't see you as a girl, causing him to attack you with hesitating and that sucked, "Damn you Hibari!"